5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Presynaptic Terminals
- resting potential
- a The end points of an axon responsible for releasing chemicals to communicate with other neurons.
- b the dendrites, soma, axon, presynaptic terminals are the major part of what?
- c Helps synchronize the activity of the axon by wrapping around the presynaptic terminal and taking up chemicals released by the axon.
- d Those whose dendrites and axons are completely contained within a structure.
- e is mainly the result of negatively charged proteins in the cell.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Structure that performs metabolic activities, providing energy that the cell requires for all other activities.
- Builds the myelin sheath that surrounds the axon of some neurons.
- Belief that the mind and body are different kinds of substance that exist independently.
- Further branch out and increase surface area of some dendrites.
- mechanism that keeps most chemicals out of the brain.
5 True/False questions
Ribosomes → The sites at which the cell synthesizes new protein molecules.
Functional Behavior → Reconstructs the Evolutionary history of a structure or behavior.
Glia → Other major components of the nervous system. And include astrocytes, micro glia, radial glia, oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells.
Myelin Sheath → Some neurons are covered with an insulating material called myelin sheath.
Motor Neuron → Has its soma in the spinal cord and receives excitation from other neurons and conducts impulses along the axon to muscle