5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sensory Neuron
- Efferent Axon
- Afferent Axon
- a Specialized at one end to be highly sensitive to a particular stimulation.
- b Sending information away from the structure.
- c Other major components of the nervous system. And include astrocytes, micro glia, radial glia, oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells.
- d Bringing information into the structure.
- e Belief that the mind and body are different kinds of substance that exist independently.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Further branch out and increase surface area of some dendrites.
- Helps synchronize the activity of the axon by wrapping around the presynaptic terminal and taking up chemicals released by the axon.
- Structure that separates the inside of a cell from the outside environment.
- difference in distribution of ions across the membrane.
- Reconstructs the Evolutionary history of a structure or behavior.
5 True/False questions
Presynaptic Terminals → The end points of an axon responsible for releasing chemicals to communicate with other neurons.
Mitochondria → Removes waste material and other micro organisms that could prove harmful to the neuron.
Nucleus → Structure that contains the chromosomes.
Soma → Contains nucleus, mitochondria, rhibosomes, and other structures found in other cells.
Nodes of Ranvier → Structure that separates the inside of a cell from the outside environment.