5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Evolutionary Behavior
- a Structure that performs metabolic activities, providing energy that the cell requires for all other activities.
- b Removes waste material and other micro organisms that could prove harmful to the neuron.
- c Reconstructs the Evolutionary history of a structure or behavior.
- d The sites at which the cell synthesizes new protein molecules.
- e Belief that the mind and body are different kinds of substance that exist independently.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Interruptions in the myelin sheath
- Has its soma in the spinal cord and receives excitation from other neurons and conducts impulses along the axon to muscle
- Relates to behavior to the activity of the brain and other organs.
- is mainly the result of negatively charged proteins in the cell.
- Thin fiber of a neuron responsible for transmitting nerve impulses away to other neurons, glands and muscles.
5 True/False Questions
Astrocytes → The sites at which the cell synthesizes new protein molecules.
blood-brain barrier → Interruptions in the myelin sheath
Endoplasmic Reticulum → Further branch out and increase surface area of some dendrites.
Soma → Contains nucleus, mitochondria, rhibosomes, and other structures found in other cells.
Afferent Axon → Sending information away from the structure.