5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Endoplasmic Reticulum
- Afferent Axon
- blood-brain barrier
- resting potential
- Dendritic Spines
- a mechanism that keeps most chemicals out of the brain.
- b Tubular network to transport new proteins to other places.
- c Further branch out and increase surface area of some dendrites.
- d is mainly the result of negatively charged proteins in the cell.
- e Bringing information into the structure.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Other major components of the nervous system. And include astrocytes, micro glia, radial glia, oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells.
- Builds the myelin sheath that surrounds the axon of some neurons.
- difference in distribution of ions across the membrane.
- The end points of an axon responsible for releasing chemicals to communicate with other neurons.
- Relates to behavior to the activity of the brain and other organs.
5 True/False Questions
Functional Behavior → Describes why a structure or behavior evolved as it did.
thiamine → the chemical necessary for the use of glucose. alcoholics have a _____ deficient diet.
Nodes of Ranvier → Interruptions in the myelin sheath
Dualism → Belief that the Universe consists of only one kind of substance.
Axon → Thin fiber of a neuron responsible for transmitting nerve impulses away to other neurons, glands and muscles.