← psychology ch1 -3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Myelin Sheath
- Endoplasmic Reticulum
- resting potential
- Dendritic Spines
- a Some neurons are covered with an insulating material called myelin sheath.
- b is mainly the result of negatively charged proteins in the cell.
- c Further branch out and increase surface area of some dendrites.
- d Other major components of the nervous system. And include astrocytes, micro glia, radial glia, oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells.
- e Tubular network to transport new proteins to other places.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the membrane, nucleus, mitochondria, ribosome, & endoplasmic reticulum are the major parts of what?
- mechanism that keeps most chemicals out of the brain.
- Thin fiber of a neuron responsible for transmitting nerve impulses away to other neurons, glands and muscles.
- Bringing information into the structure.
- Has its soma in the spinal cord and receives excitation from other neurons and conducts impulses along the axon to muscle
5 True/False Questions
Dendrites → the dendrites, soma, axon, presynaptic terminals are the major part of what?
Functional Behavior → Describes why a structure or behavior evolved as it did.
Nodes of Ranvier → Structure that separates the inside of a cell from the outside environment.
thiamine → the chemical necessary for the use of glucose. alcoholics have a _____ deficient diet.
Efferent Axon → Bringing information into the structure.