← psychology ch1 -3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- concentration gradient
- a Thin fiber of a neuron responsible for transmitting nerve impulses away to other neurons, glands and muscles.
- b the chemical necessary for the use of glucose. alcoholics have a _____ deficient diet.
- c The sites at which the cell synthesizes new protein molecules.
- d difference in distribution of ions across the membrane.
- e Structure that separates the inside of a cell from the outside environment.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Branching fibers with surface lined with synaptic receptors responsible for bringing information from other neurons.
- Structure that contains the chromosomes.
- Sending information away from the structure.
- Belief that the Universe consists of only one kind of substance.
- the membrane, nucleus, mitochondria, ribosome, & endoplasmic reticulum are the major parts of what?
5 True/False Questions
Motor Neuron → Has its soma in the spinal cord and receives excitation from other neurons and conducts impulses along the axon to muscle
Microglia → Removes waste material and other micro organisms that could prove harmful to the neuron.
Interneurons → Those whose dendrites and axons are completely contained within a structure.
Sensory Neuron → Specialized at one end to be highly sensitive to a particular stimulation.
Dualism → Belief that the mind and body are different kinds of substance that exist independently.