5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Presynaptic Terminals
- Nodes of Ranvier
- Physiological Behavior
- Oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells
- a The end points of an axon responsible for releasing chemicals to communicate with other neurons.
- b Structure that contains the chromosomes.
- c Builds the myelin sheath that surrounds the axon of some neurons.
- d Relates to behavior to the activity of the brain and other organs.
- e Interruptions in the myelin sheath
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the membrane, nucleus, mitochondria, ribosome, & endoplasmic reticulum are the major parts of what?
- is mainly the result of negatively charged proteins in the cell.
- Further branch out and increase surface area of some dendrites.
- Reconstructs the Evolutionary history of a structure or behavior.
- Those whose dendrites and axons are completely contained within a structure.
5 True/False Questions
Monism → Belief that the Universe consists of only one kind of substance.
Astrocytes → Branching fibers with surface lined with synaptic receptors responsible for bringing information from other neurons.
Sensory Neuron → Has its soma in the spinal cord and receives excitation from other neurons and conducts impulses along the axon to muscle
blood-brain barrier → mechanism that keeps most chemicals out of the brain.
Dualism → Belief that the mind and body are different kinds of substance that exist independently.