5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Efferent Axon
- Motor Neuron
- a Has its soma in the spinal cord and receives excitation from other neurons and conducts impulses along the axon to muscle
- b Sending information away from the structure.
- c The sites at which the cell synthesizes new protein molecules.
- d Structure that performs metabolic activities, providing energy that the cell requires for all other activities.
- e Belief that the Universe consists of only one kind of substance.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Belief that the mind and body are different kinds of substance that exist independently.
- Describes why a structure or behavior evolved as it did.
- Helps synchronize the activity of the axon by wrapping around the presynaptic terminal and taking up chemicals released by the axon.
- Tubular network to transport new proteins to other places.
- Bringing information into the structure.
5 True/False Questions
Membrane → the dendrites, soma, axon, presynaptic terminals are the major part of what?
Nodes of Ranvier → Structure that separates the inside of a cell from the outside environment.
Interneurons → Has its soma in the spinal cord and receives excitation from other neurons and conducts impulses along the axon to muscle
Myelin Sheath → Some neurons are covered with an insulating material called myelin sheath.
Sensory Neuron → Specialized at one end to be highly sensitive to a particular stimulation.