5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- blood-brain barrier
- Myelin Sheath
- a the chemical necessary for the use of glucose. alcoholics have a _____ deficient diet.
- b mechanism that keeps most chemicals out of the brain.
- c Some neurons are covered with an insulating material called myelin sheath.
- d Belief that the Universe consists of only one kind of substance.
- e Other major components of the nervous system. And include astrocytes, micro glia, radial glia, oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Contains nucleus, mitochondria, rhibosomes, and other structures found in other cells.
- Helps synchronize the activity of the axon by wrapping around the presynaptic terminal and taking up chemicals released by the axon.
- is mainly the result of negatively charged proteins in the cell.
- The sites at which the cell synthesizes new protein molecules.
- Reconstructs the Evolutionary history of a structure or behavior.
5 True/False questions
Oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells → Builds the myelin sheath that surrounds the axon of some neurons.
Microglia → Other major components of the nervous system. And include astrocytes, micro glia, radial glia, oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells.
Dendritic Spines → Branching fibers with surface lined with synaptic receptors responsible for bringing information from other neurons.
Nucleus → Structure that contains the chromosomes.
Ontogenetic Behavior → Describes why a structure or behavior evolved as it did.