5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- blood-brain barrier
- a Branching fibers with surface lined with synaptic receptors responsible for bringing information from other neurons.
- b the dendrites, soma, axon, presynaptic terminals are the major part of what?
- c mechanism that keeps most chemicals out of the brain.
- d Helps synchronize the activity of the axon by wrapping around the presynaptic terminal and taking up chemicals released by the axon.
- e the membrane, nucleus, mitochondria, ribosome, & endoplasmic reticulum are the major parts of what?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Belief that the mind and body are different kinds of substance that exist independently.
- Describes why a structure or behavior evolved as it did.
- Further branch out and increase surface area of some dendrites.
- Structure that performs metabolic activities, providing energy that the cell requires for all other activities.
- is mainly the result of negatively charged proteins in the cell.
5 True/False questions
Ontogenetic Behavior → Describes how a behavior of a structure develops, including the influence of genes, nutritions, experiences and their interactions.
Myelin Sheath → Belief that the mind and body are different kinds of substance that exist independently.
Soma → Other major components of the nervous system. And include astrocytes, micro glia, radial glia, oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells.
thiamine → Structure that separates the inside of a cell from the outside environment.
Microglia → Removes waste material and other micro organisms that could prove harmful to the neuron.