5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- resting potential
- Sensory Neuron
- a is mainly the result of negatively charged proteins in the cell.
- b Specialized at one end to be highly sensitive to a particular stimulation.
- c Thin fiber of a neuron responsible for transmitting nerve impulses away to other neurons, glands and muscles.
- d Helps synchronize the activity of the axon by wrapping around the presynaptic terminal and taking up chemicals released by the axon.
- e The sites at which the cell synthesizes new protein molecules.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Further branch out and increase surface area of some dendrites.
- Belief that the mind and body are different kinds of substance that exist independently.
- Interruptions in the myelin sheath
- Those whose dendrites and axons are completely contained within a structure.
- the membrane, nucleus, mitochondria, ribosome, & endoplasmic reticulum are the major parts of what?
5 True/False questions
Monism → Belief that the mind and body are different kinds of substance that exist independently.
Nucleus → the dendrites, soma, axon, presynaptic terminals are the major part of what?
neurons → Structure that contains the chromosomes.
Soma → Other major components of the nervous system. And include astrocytes, micro glia, radial glia, oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells.
Ontogenetic Behavior → Describes how a behavior of a structure develops, including the influence of genes, nutritions, experiences and their interactions.