5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- concentration gradient
- Afferent Axon
- Endoplasmic Reticulum
- a Branching fibers with surface lined with synaptic receptors responsible for bringing information from other neurons.
- b Tubular network to transport new proteins to other places.
- c difference in distribution of ions across the membrane.
- d Bringing information into the structure.
- e the chemical necessary for the use of glucose. alcoholics have a _____ deficient diet.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Further branch out and increase surface area of some dendrites.
- The end points of an axon responsible for releasing chemicals to communicate with other neurons.
- Structure that contains the chromosomes.
- Has its soma in the spinal cord and receives excitation from other neurons and conducts impulses along the axon to muscle
- Belief that the Universe consists of only one kind of substance.
5 True/False questions
Oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells → Builds the myelin sheath that surrounds the axon of some neurons.
Ribosomes → The sites at which the cell synthesizes new protein molecules.
Physiological Behavior → Describes why a structure or behavior evolved as it did.
Nodes of Ranvier → Structure that separates the inside of a cell from the outside environment.
Efferent Axon → Bringing information into the structure.