By what means does Somatomedin (SM) accomplish its primary function?
1. Stimulate enzymes of protein anabolism
2. Stimulate osteoblast cell activity
3. Stimulate mineralization
What are the 3 secondary functions of Somatomedin (SM)
1. Decrease plasma glucose
2. Main hormone that causes bone growth
3. Causes minerals to deposit into bone
By what means does Somatomedin (SM) accomplish its secondary functions?
1. Increase cellular uptake of glucose
What hormones increase Somatomedin secretion?
3. Substance P
4. ADH (AVP)
5. Androgens, Estrogens, & Progestins
6. Nor-epinephrine -/+
What neurological factors increase Somatomedin (SM) secretion?
1. Alpha adrenergic
2. Beta adrenergic
What non-hormonal or neurological factor(s) aid int he secretion control of Somatomedin (SM)?