5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The largest British political party on the right. Pro free market economy and privatization. Was strong during the 1980s and 'early 1990s during the rule of Margaret Thatcher and John Major.
- The largest of the "third" parties in Britain. They are the most "left" of the major parties. Their current leader is Sir "menzies" Campbell.
- UK includes England., Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland. GB is the UK without N. Ireland
- Another name for a winner-take-all electoral system (used in Britain) in which the person with the most votes, even if under a majority, wins the office. Promotes a two party system.
- A British moderate-liberal political party that has controlled since 1997. Promotes social welfare programs. Tony Blair and Gordon Brown are both members.
4 True/False Questions
Downing Street → Represents the Prime Minister and related office. Its where the PM lives.
QUANGOS → Created by an Act of Parliament in Great Britain, these advise the government of policy and may deliver public services. The heads are appointed by a cabinet minister.
Thatcherism → Prime Minister from 1997-2007. He was known for his large policy staff (White House style). Downfall was his support of President Bush and the Iraq war.
Tony Blair → Prime Minister from 1997-2007. He was known for his large policy staff (White House style). Downfall was his support of President Bush and the Iraq war.