5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Prime Minister from 1997-2007. He was known for his large policy staff (White House style). Downfall was his support of President Bush and the Iraq war.
- The current leader of the Labour party in Great Britain.
- A supranational organization that binds its members together with common policies and shared rules. Great Britain is divided on whether or not they should belong. It was conceived in 1957 by the Treaty of Rome (remember that from AP Euro, of course you do!).
- The practice of decentralizing the unitary authority from Westminster to the other parts of the UK. Most certainly promoted by the Scottish and Welsh.
- The executive departments that work with the Prime Minister. Its head ministers are chosen by the Prime Minister.
4 True/False Questions
Conservative Party → The largest British political party on the right. Pro free market economy and privatization. Was strong during the 1980s and 'early 1990s during the rule of Margaret Thatcher and John Major.
QUANGOS → Created by an Act of Parliament in Great Britain, these advise the government of policy and may deliver public services. The heads are appointed by a cabinet minister.
Thatcherism → Ideology that ruled Great Britain during the 1980s in which it was named after the leader of the time. Characteristics include strong foreign policy and promotion of free market economy
Prime minister → The executive departments that work with the Prime Minister. Its head ministers are chosen by the Prime Minister.