5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- non point source pollution
- purse seine
- a Pollution that enters a body of water from large areas, such as lawns, construction sites, and roads.
- b a net designed to be set by two boats around a school of fish and then closed at the bottom by means of a line; used by factory trawlers
- c ethnic people of Spain, supplied fish to Europe in 15th and 16th centuries; had secret fishing grounds in New World; salted cod to preserve it
- d symbiotic unicellular algae that live in coral and perform photosynthesis
- e satellites now used to map ocean floor; using radar, they detect small differences in ocean surface which indicates what the sea floor is like below
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- benthic zone over the continental shelf
- a measure of the amount of dissolved salts and other solids in a given amount of liquid
- The region of water lying over deep areas beyond the continental shelf.
- vents on the abyssal plain that form as hot mineral -rich water rushes from the hot rock at mid-ocean ridges and mixes with surrounding cold ocean water
- discovered and named "cape cod"
5 True/False Questions
nekton → all organisms that swim in the ocean
desalination → process of removing salt from salt water
hadal zone → deepest benthic zone; covers the floors of trenches
bathyal zone → deepest benthic zone; covers the floors of trenches
rock hopper → vents on the abyssal plain that form as hot mineral -rich water rushes from the hot rock at mid-ocean ridges and mixes with surrounding cold ocean water