What does the Missouri Constitution say regarding giving public aid to a church or minister?
That no money shall ever be taken from the public treasury, directly or indirectily, in aid of any church, sect, or denomination or Religion or any priest/preacher.
Name 3 rights that crime victims have in the Missouri Bill of Rights
1. Right to appear and defend themselves.
2. To demand nature and cause of accusation.
3. To meet the witness against him face to face.
A search warrant is required for any officer to enter and look for evidence. What 3 three issues must a search warrant address or say?
1. Describe the place to be searched.
2. Written oath of affirmation.
3. Must descdribe person being seized, if any.
What is the official name of Missouri's legislative body?
Missouri General Assembly
What is the size of the Missouri House of Representatives?
Name 3 qualifications to be a representative.
1. 24 years of age.
2. Voter for 2 years
3. Resident of county he has chosen to represent for at least 1 year.
What is the term of a representative?
What is the size of the State Senate?
What is the term of a state senator?
What are the 3 qualifications of a state senator?
1. Must be at least 30 years old
2. Qualified voter for 3 years.
3. Must be inhabitant of the state they represent for 1 year.
What is the maximum number of years that a person can serve in one house?
What is the maximum number of years that a person can serve in both houses?
8 years in Senate
8 years in the House
16 years total
What are the top priorities of state expenditures?
1. Repair/replace of state buildings and facilities.
2. Economic development.
3. Give money to agriculture, education, mental health, and state parks.
How many legal voters must sign a petition to amend the missouri Constitution?
2/3 of MO congressional district
80% of MO registered voters
How many legal voters must sign a petiton to initate other laws or policies/
5% of legal voters of 2/3 Mo congrssional district
What 3 qualifications must be met to be governor?
1. At least 30 years old
2. Citizen of the U.S. for 15 years
3. Resident of state for 10 years
What is the term of a govenor?
What is the maximum number of terms that a governor can serve?
No more than 2 terms
Name 3 constitutional powers of the lieutenant governor.
1. May debate all questions
2. Shall cast the deciding vote on equal division in the senate and on joint vote of both houses.
3. Exectuvie president of Senate
Name 3 duties of the Missouri Secretary of State
1. Keep a register of official acts of governor.
2. Custodian of the seal of the State.
3. Shall lay copies of the register when necessary.
Name 2 duties of the State auditor.
1. Establish appropriate systems of accounting for all public officials of the state.
2. Audit the treasury at least once annually.
List 3 duties of state treasurer.
1. Custodian of all state funds.
2. Shall deposit all money in the state treasury.
3. Shall disburse all money as provided by law.
When deailing with appriations measures, how else may the govenor use his veto?
An item veto <- Has the power to veto portion of a bill and accept the rest.
What else may the governor do to appropriations when actual revenues are below revenue estimates?
Withhoulding-takes money already approved and cuts it.
What are the terms of the lieutenant governor, treasurer, auditor, and attorney general?
Name the 3 types of courts in Missouri
Associate Circuit Court
How many judges sit on the Missouri Supreme Court?
What is the term for a Supreme Court Justice?
What is the term of a Circuit Court Judge?
What is the term of a Associate Circuit Court Judge?
What is the maximum age for a Supreme Court Justice?
What is the minimum age for a Supreme Court Justice?
What is the jurisdiction of a circuit court?
Have over all cases civil or crimminal