5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- speaker of the house
- Wilmington and Weldon
- a what railroad was the longest in the world when it was completed in 1840?
- b congress consists of the house of reps and the ______.
- c what amendment prevents double jeopardy, which means a person cannot be tried twice for the same crime?
- d this person is next in line to be president after the vice president
- e what amendment abolished slavery?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the raleigh and gaston railroad connected the capital of NC to the capital of what state?
- the name of the act that president Jackson signed in 1830 that made Native Americans relocate.
- what political position is the primary leader of the senate?
- waht is the first public state university in america?
- what person is known for establishing sevices and resources for the mentally ill and poor?
5 True/False Questions
Filibuster → what word means to give a long speech to block the passage of a bill?
preamble → according to cherokee legend, what person gave themselves up to save the others in hiding?
Bill of rights → what are the first ten amendments of the constitution called?
manly → before the manhood suffrage bill passed, voting was determined by how much ____ you owned.
Trail of Tears → the name of the 1,200 mile walk that many native americans had to take to relocate.