5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Simple Epithelium
- a A component of mammalian blood that lacks a nucleus and is derived from fragments of megakaryocyte cytoplasm, and that assists in blood clotting, also called a thrombocyte.
- b A white blood cell; primary function is defense against foreign materials as part of the immune system.
- c The study of tissues.
- d They are found in areas of minimum wear and tear. Their main function is to allow passage of substances between the lumen and the surrounding tissues.
- e Single cells
5 Multiple choice questions
- The fluid part especially of blood or lymph.
- Many cells
- Destroy abnormal cells
- Being composed of several layers of cells, they are very thick. Their main function is to protect the tissues that they cover.
- Release their products onto the free surface of the skin or of the open cavities of the body such as the digestive, respiratory or reproductive tracts.
5 True/False questions
Monocytes & Neutrophils → Fight Bacteria
Major Components of Blood → Secreted directly into the blood and circulate throughout the body to their target areas.
Chonddroblasts → Primary blast cells of cartilage
Osteoblasts → Primary blast cells of bone
Endocrine Glands → Release their products onto the free surface of the skin or of the open cavities of the body such as the digestive, respiratory or reproductive tracts.