7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- a stage in which we are neither a child or adult, try to find our own identity, struggle with social interactions and grapple w/ moral issues. Go through period of Moratorium. Unsuccessful through this stage will experience role confusion and upheaval. Most significant relationship, PEERS.
- withdrawing from responsibilities
- We can experience intimacy on a deep level. If we're not successful, isolation and distance others may occur. World can begin to shrink. Most significant relationships MARITAL PARTNERS AND FRIENDS.
- (1) the world gets bigger as we go along and (2) failure is cummulative
- During this stage we learn to master skills for ourselves and have the opportunity to build self esteem and autonomy as we gain control over our bodies. If we are shamed during potty training or other skills we may feel great shame and doubt. TERRIBLE TWO'S Most significant relationship w/ PARENTS
- Intimacy vs. Isolation
6 True/False Questions
Name of Erikson's Stage: middle adulthood (35-55 or 65) → Generativity vs. Stagnation/Self-Absorption
Name of Erikson's Stage: 6 to 12 years → Autonomy vs. Shame & Doubt
Key issue(s): Generativity vs. Stagnation/Self-Absorption → Work is most crucial, the task is to perpetuate culture and transmit values of the culture through the family (taming the kids) and working to establish a stable invironment. Unsuccessful through this stage we become self absorbed and stagnate. Most significant relationship WORKPLACE, the COMMUNITY and FAMILY.
Key issue(s): Ego Integrity vs. Despair → Our strength comes from a wisdom that world is very large and we now have detached concerned with the whole of life, accepting death as the completion of life. May struggle for purpose in life and wonder "was the trip worth it?" Most significant relationship is with all of MANKIND "MY KIND"
Key issue(s): Erikson's Trust vs. Mistrust Stage → referred to as the Oral Sensory Stage (baby puts every thing in mouth) During this period, infants develop a sense of trust or mistrust, largely depending on how well their needs are met by their caregivers. Significant relationship with the MATERNAL PARENT or CONSTANT CAREGIVER
Name of Erikson's Stage: 18 months to 3 years → Autonomy vs. Shame & Doubt