5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Green Police
- a the secret police force of the German nazi state, notorious for its terrorism and brutality
- b water closet (bathroom)
- c unhappy; resentful
- d great enthusiasm
- e a branch of the Nazi police who wore green uniforms
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- easily seen or noticed
- unable to speak clearly
- a feeling of deep regret (usually for some misdeed)
- In a showy way (showing off)
- books of stamps given to insure even distribution of scarce items, especially in war time
5 True/False Questions
indignantly → unhappy; resentful
jubilation → the state of being kept down by unjust use of force or authority: "after years of oppression they finally revolted"
wallow → roll around, "pigs were wallowing in the mud"
oppression → the state of being kept down by unjust use of force or authority: "after years of oppression they finally revolted"
vile → thoroughly unpleasant