5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sigmund Freud
- Ivan Pavlov
- Reform Bill of 1832
- Alexander Graham Bell
- a American inventor of the telephone (1876)
- b a Russian physiologist who said that human actions were unconscious reactions to experiences and could be trained.
- c An Austrian doctor and pioneer in psychology. He developed the idea that actions may be unconsciously determined by early experiences. He developed psychoanalysis.
- d An English law that granted suffrage to only well-to-do middle class men (added 2% to the voting rolls) & revised voter rep. in parliament to get rid of rotten boroughs
- e Movement started by Jewish people to create a homeland in Palestine in order to escape prejudice.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a gasoline-powered engine that made it possible to run automobiles.
- to withdraw
- 16th President in 1860 who promised to stop the spread of Slavery. This angered southerners and led to the civil war. He also issues Emancipation Proclamation.
- Law that made it lawful to move Native Americans off their land in the Southeast and relocate them to the west so that settlers could take their good farmland
- the study of the human mind and behavior.
5 True/False Questions
14th Amendment → Addition to Constitution that said a state could NOT deny a person's right to vote because of their race, color, or previous condition of servitude (slavery).
Reconstruction → Policy of separating the races that was a law in the south from the end of reconstruction to the civil rights movement of the 1960's
Louis Pasteur → discovered that bacteria grew in alcohol fermentation. He also discovered that heat killed these germs, and started to develop the germ theory of disease.
Manifest Destiny → The belief that Americans have the right and duty to control all the North American continent
Australia → The right to vote