← Homewood WH9- 10 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Mexian Cession
- States' Rights
- Manifest Destiny
- Anti- Semitism
- a Political belief that individual states had more political authority than the federal government. This says that states can nullify a federal law or withdraw from the union.
- b Territory of California, AZ, NM, and NV that was sold by Mexico to the U.S. after the U.S. defeated them in war.
- c The belief that Americans have the right and duty to control all the North American continent
- d The widespread prejudice against Jewish people
- e the study of the human mind and behavior.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A law issued by Lincoln freeing the slaves in the confederate states. This made the civil war a moral war to end slavery.
- The right to vote
- This is a colony established to send convicted from the mother country.
- An English law that granted suffrage to only well-to-do middle class men (added 2% to the voting rolls) & revised voter rep. in parliament to get rid of rotten boroughs
- An incident in which a French Jewish army officer was framed for treason. This was a major scandal for the 3rd republic because, at first, they were willing to let him sit in jail so that the French army didn't look bad. Popular support forced the gov't to free him thus saving the 3rd republic
5 True/False Questions
Reconstruction → the theory that all living things evolve from lesser species through a process of natural selection.
Emmeline Pankhurst → discovered that bacteria grew in alcohol fermentation. He also discovered that heat killed these germs, and started to develop the germ theory of disease.
Maori → A Polynesian group that settled New Zealand in the 800's.
15th Amendment → Addition to Constitution that granted citizenship to all persons born or naturalized in the US.
Joseph Lister → a British surgeon that developed antiseptics to kill germs.