5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Rotten Borrough
- Manifest Destiny
- a the time period (1865-1877) when Union forces occupied the south and enforced laws that the federal government and constitutional protection of African Americans.
- b Voting district that still has lots of representation in parliament but not a large population due to urbanization.
- c The belief that Americans have the right and duty to control all the North American continent
- d the study of the human mind and behavior.
- e a powerful form of energy released by some elements.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- created the first airplane in 1903. This created the aircraft industry.
- discovered that bacteria grew in alcohol fermentation. He also discovered that heat killed these germs, and started to develop the germ theory of disease.
- An English law that granted suffrage to only well-to-do middle class men (added 2% to the voting rolls) & revised voter rep. in parliament to get rid of rotten boroughs
- Addition to Constitution that said a state could NOT deny a person's right to vote because of their race, color, or previous condition of servitude (slavery).
- Government sanctioned attack on Jewish people in Russia
5 True/False Questions
Zionist → Someone who takes violent or extreme measures to achieve a goal
Joseph Lister → a British surgeon that developed antiseptics to kill germs.
extremist → Movement started by Jewish people to create a homeland in Palestine in order to escape prejudice.
Dmitri Mendeleev → Russian chemist that developed the Periodic Table of Elements in 1869.
Thomas Edison → This is a political entity that has the right to govern its own domestic affairs, but is still part of a larger empire.