5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marie and Pierre Curie
- Reform Bill of 1832
- U.S. Civil War
- mass culture
- Internal Combustion Engine
- a War between the North and South because the south tried to withdraw from the Union (1861-1865)
- b a gasoline-powered engine that made it possible to run automobiles.
- c French Noble Prize winners who discovered radioactivity and the elements of radium and polonium in the early 1900s.
- d art, writing, music and other forms of entertainment that appealed to large audiences.
- e An English law that granted suffrage to only well-to-do middle class men (added 2% to the voting rolls) & revised voter rep. in parliament to get rid of rotten boroughs
5 Multiple choice questions
- This man was the first prime minister of the Dominion of Canada.
- Territory of California, AZ, NM, and NV that was sold by Mexico to the U.S. after the U.S. defeated them in war.
- Political movement among working class to gain the right to vote and other democratic reforms (Suffrage for all men, yearly parliamentary elections, secret ballot, no property requirements to be in parliament, salary for parliamentary members)
- a Russian physiologist who said that human actions were unconscious reactions to experiences and could be trained.
- a method of production in which products are put together on a moving conveyor line where each worker puts on one piece.
5 True/False questions
Reconstruction → the time period (1865-1877) when Union forces occupied the south and enforced laws that the federal government and constitutional protection of African Americans.
13th Amendment → Addition to Constitution that prohibited slavery in the United States.
suffrage → The right to vote
John Dalton → British chemist that theorized all matter is made up of tiny particles called atoms in 1803. He also distinguished between elements and compounds.
Pogrom → A Polynesian group that settled New Zealand in the 800's.