5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Guglielmo Marconi
- Sigmund Freud
- 14th Amendment
- Ivan Pavlov
- a a Russian physiologist who said that human actions were unconscious reactions to experiences and could be trained.
- b A Polynesian group that settled New Zealand in the 800's.
- c inventor of the primitive radio (1895)
- d Addition to Constitution that granted citizenship to all persons born or naturalized in the US.
- e An Austrian doctor and pioneer in psychology. He developed the idea that actions may be unconsciously determined by early experiences. He developed psychoanalysis.
5 Multiple choice questions
- British lord that investigated the problems among colonists in Canada and suggested combining Upper and Lower Canada into the Province of Canada and giving colonists the right to govern themselves.
- art, writing, music and other forms of entertainment that appealed to large audiences.
- French Noble Prize winners who discovered radioactivity and the elements of radium and polonium in the early 1900s.
- American mechanic who developed the use of assembly line production to mass produce cars for the public.
- a powerful form of energy released by some elements.
5 True/False questions
Emmeline Pankhurst → She and her daughters created a militant women's rights organization (WSPU)
Dominion → the theory that all living things evolve from lesser species through a process of natural selection.
Aboriginies → Native peoples of Australia.
Evolution → This is a political entity that has the right to govern its own domestic affairs, but is still part of a larger empire.
Gregor Mendel → Austrian monk that developed the science of genetics in the 1850s and 1860s.