← Homewood WH9- 10 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Emmeline Pankhurst
- Third Republic
- Indian Removal Act of 1830
- a A Polynesian group that settled New Zealand in the 800's.
- b The government of France that replaced Napoleon the 3rd. It lasted for over 60 years beginning in 1875.
- c She and her daughters created a militant women's rights organization (WSPU)
- d Law that made it lawful to move Native Americans off their land in the Southeast and relocate them to the west so that settlers could take their good farmland
- e The right to vote
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to withdraw
- Addition to Constitution that prohibited slavery in the United States.
- Government sanctioned attack on Jewish people in Russia
- the time period (1865-1877) when Union forces occupied the south and enforced laws that the federal government and constitutional protection of African Americans.
- The widespread prejudice against Jewish people
5 True/False Questions
Evolution → This is a political entity that has the right to govern its own domestic affairs, but is still part of a larger empire.
Charles darwin → Political movement among working class to gain the right to vote and other democratic reforms (Suffrage for all men, yearly parliamentary elections, secret ballot, no property requirements to be in parliament, salary for parliamentary members)
Sigmund Freud → The right to vote
Manifest Destiny → British naturalist that developed the theory of natural selection and evolution (1859)
Trail of Tears → discovered that bacteria grew in alcohol fermentation. He also discovered that heat killed these germs, and started to develop the germ theory of disease.