5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Henry Ford
- Thomas Edison
- Charles darwin
- Abraham Lincoln
- Emancipation Proclamation
- a British naturalist that developed the theory of natural selection and evolution (1859)
- b A law issued by Lincoln freeing the slaves in the confederate states. This made the civil war a moral war to end slavery.
- c an American inventor of the late 1800s that developed over 1,000 patents at his Menlo Park, NJ laboratory.
- d American mechanic who developed the use of assembly line production to mass produce cars for the public.
- e 16th President in 1860 who promised to stop the spread of Slavery. This angered southerners and led to the civil war. He also issues Emancipation Proclamation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a powerful form of energy released by some elements.
- the theory that all living things evolve from lesser species through a process of natural selection.
- An English law that granted suffrage to only well-to-do middle class men (added 2% to the voting rolls) & revised voter rep. in parliament to get rid of rotten boroughs
- a method of production in which products are put together on a moving conveyor line where each worker puts on one piece.
- This is a colony established to send convicted from the mother country.
5 True/False questions
Gregor Mendel → to withdraw
Lord Durham → Federal fort in the harbor of Charleston, SC. Civil war was started when southern forces fired on this fort.
Louis Pasteur → a British surgeon that developed antiseptics to kill germs.
Maori → A Polynesian group that settled New Zealand in the 800's.
U.S. Civil War → art, writing, music and other forms of entertainment that appealed to large audiences.