← Homewood WH9- 10 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Joseph Lister
- Internal Combustion Engine
- Home Rule
- Orville and Wilbur Wright
- a the time period (1865-1877) when Union forces occupied the south and enforced laws that the federal government and constitutional protection of African Americans.
- b a British surgeon that developed antiseptics to kill germs.
- c created the first airplane in 1903. This created the aircraft industry.
- d a gasoline-powered engine that made it possible to run automobiles.
- e This means to have political sovereignty in domestic affairs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The right to vote
- Political movement among working class to gain the right to vote and other democratic reforms (Suffrage for all men, yearly parliamentary elections, secret ballot, no property requirements to be in parliament, salary for parliamentary members)
- a British physicist who theorized that atoms were made up of smaller particles called electrons, neutrons, and protons.
- Federal fort in the harbor of Charleston, SC. Civil war was started when southern forces fired on this fort.
- An English law that granted suffrage to only well-to-do middle class men (added 2% to the voting rolls) & revised voter rep. in parliament to get rid of rotten boroughs
5 True/False Questions
Anti- Semitism → The widespread prejudice against Jewish people
Secede → The right to vote
mass culture → art, writing, music and other forms of entertainment that appealed to large audiences.
Henry Ford → American mechanic who developed the use of assembly line production to mass produce cars for the public.
Guglielmo Marconi → inventor of the primitive radio (1895)