5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Dmitri Mendeleev
- John MacDonald
- a This man was the first prime minister of the Dominion of Canada.
- b Policy of separating the races that was a law in the south from the end of reconstruction to the civil rights movement of the 1960's
- c the study of the human mind and behavior.
- d Russian chemist that developed the Periodic Table of Elements in 1869.
- e Government sanctioned attack on Jewish people in Russia
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Law that made it lawful to move Native Americans off their land in the Southeast and relocate them to the west so that settlers could take their good farmland
- Native peoples of Australia.
- Political belief that individual states had more political authority than the federal government. This says that states can nullify a federal law or withdraw from the union.
- a powerful form of energy released by some elements.
- An incident in which a French Jewish army officer was framed for treason. This was a major scandal for the 3rd republic because, at first, they were willing to let him sit in jail so that the French army didn't look bad. Popular support forced the gov't to free him thus saving the 3rd republic
5 True/False Questions
suffrage → to withdraw
Louis Pasteur → discovered that bacteria grew in alcohol fermentation. He also discovered that heat killed these germs, and started to develop the germ theory of disease.
Fort Sumter → Federal fort in the harbor of Charleston, SC. Civil war was started when southern forces fired on this fort.
Abraham Lincoln → This is a political entity that has the right to govern its own domestic affairs, but is still part of a larger empire.
Reconstruction → the theory that all living things evolve from lesser species through a process of natural selection.