5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Third Republic
- mass culture
- U.S. Civil War
- a This is a colony established to send convicted from the mother country.
- b War between the North and South because the south tried to withdraw from the Union (1861-1865)
- c a powerful form of energy released by some elements.
- d The government of France that replaced Napoleon the 3rd. It lasted for over 60 years beginning in 1875.
- e art, writing, music and other forms of entertainment that appealed to large audiences.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Territory of California, AZ, NM, and NV that was sold by Mexico to the U.S. after the U.S. defeated them in war.
- American mechanic who developed the use of assembly line production to mass produce cars for the public.
- British naturalist that developed the theory of natural selection and evolution (1859)
- This is a political entity that has the right to govern its own domestic affairs, but is still part of a larger empire.
- Russian chemist that developed the Periodic Table of Elements in 1869.
5 True/False questions
Abraham Lincoln → Native peoples of Australia.
Internal Combustion Engine → Territory of California, AZ, NM, and NV that was sold by Mexico to the U.S. after the U.S. defeated them in war.
Zionist → Movement started by Jewish people to create a homeland in Palestine in order to escape prejudice.
14th Amendment → Addition to Constitution that granted citizenship to all persons born or naturalized in the US.
States' Rights → Political belief that individual states had more political authority than the federal government. This says that states can nullify a federal law or withdraw from the union.