5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Abd al-Rahman
- Hagia Sophia
- Mansa Musa
- a Emir of Islamic Spain. First fuler of the caliphate in Cordoba.
- b Egypt. Established by Ahmad ibn Tulun
- c Al-Andalus. Became a province of the Berber Muslim Dynasties (Almoravids and Almohads)
- d this Mali king brought Mali to its peak of power and wealth. he was the most powerful king in west africa
- e Most famous example of Byzantine architecture, it was built under Justinian I and is considered one of the most perfect buildings in the world.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a trading center and the capital of a large state.
- a North African Islamic dynasty
- sultan of Syria and Egypt
- They are a Christian denomination with origins in Egypt. Jesus was a divine figure.
- A great ottoman architect
5 True/False Questions
Janissary → internal disputes in Spain resulted in the formation of these "kingdoms"
Is Tin Poli → people who claimed they were descended by Muhammad's daughter Fatima.
Berbers → separate women's quarters in a traditional Muslim home
Bosporus Strait → Suleiman's first son
Umayyad Emirate of Cordoba → Al-Andalus. Became a province of the Berber Muslim Dynasties (Almoravids and Almohads)