5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Three models to demonstrate communication:
- Primacy Effect
- High context culture
- Interaction Model
- self-serving bias
- a the tendency to attribute one's successes to internal causes and one's failures to external causes.
- b The first impression we have of someone overshadows our later impressions of the person
First impressions set the tone for all future interaction
Although powerful, first impressions are not unchangeable
- c treats communication as a two way process.
- d believes verbal communication should often be indirect.
relies heavily on nonverbal cues
- e Action model, interaction model, transaction model
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Physiological states and traits
Culture and co-culture
- self awareness, adaptability, empathy, cognitive complexity, ethics.
- the process of assigning meaning to information that has been selected for attention and organized.
- symbols, language, values, norms
- Values traditionally feminine characteristics, such as sensitivity and nurturance
5 True/False Questions
Attributions → are answers to "why" questions: why did something occur?
stereotyping → the process of attending to a stimulus
Selection → the process of attending to a stimulus
Individualistic culture → believes people's primary responsibility is to their families, companies, and communities..
Communication myths → means communicating in ways that are effective and appropriate