← 1100 - Week 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- "a flash in the pan"
- "a pig in a poke"
- "to eat humble pie"
- "to pour oil on troubled waters"
- a an item you purchase without having seen; a disappointment
- b completely filled with
- c to admit your error and apologize
- d promising at the start, but then disappointing
- e to make peace; to calm someone down
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- existing in great number
- desiring huge amount
- a mature woman
- machine that behaves like a person
- to continually nag
5 True/False Questions
annals → someone's special field
paradox → seemingly self-contradictory situation
prognosticate → a small amount of
implore → beg for assistance
technology → a small amount of