5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- acne vulgaris
- a benign neoplasm caused by papillomavirus
- b "acne"; rosy red color, found in 25 yr olds and older
- c "acne"; caused by increased oil production. treated with creams and lotions.
- d itching; caused by diabetes and liver diseases with jaundice. cleanliness/lotions aid in relief.
- e hives; red lesions caused by fluid loss from blood vessels
5 Multiple choice questions
- common inflammatory condition characterized by papules, vesicles, and crusts; not a disease itself but a symptom of an underlying condition
- inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
- chronic inflammatory condition accompanied by scaly plaques
- baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
- fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin; several forms occur
5 True/False questions
impetigo → highly contagious staphylococcal or streptococcal infection
boils → furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles
herpes simplex → "zoster" or "shingles"; can only treat symptoms.
ringworm → caused by a group of fungi that feed on dead skin & perspiration. treated with antifungal drugs.
herpes zoster → caused by herpes virus. "kissing herpes" or "genital herpes"