5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- decubitus ulcer
- a "acne"; rosy red color, found in 25 yr olds and older
- b disorder of vessels and connective tissue characterized by hardening of the skin; two types: localized and systemic
- c (bedsores) develop when pressure slows down blood flow to local areas of the skin
- d hives; red lesions caused by fluid loss from blood vessels
- e inflammation of the skin
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- mole; removed by surgery or injections/radiotherapy
- caused by pressure from tight shoes or improper cut of nail.
- caused by a group of fungi that feed on dead skin & perspiration. treated with antifungal drugs.
- furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles
- "acne"; caused by increased oil production. treated with creams and lotions.
5 True/False Questions
eczema → fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin; several forms occur
cellulitis → itching; caused by diabetes and liver diseases with jaundice. cleanliness/lotions aid in relief.
herpes zoster → caused by herpes virus. "kissing herpes" or "genital herpes"
tinea → fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin; several forms occur
psoriasis → chronic inflammatory condition accompanied by scaly plaques