5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a hives; red lesions caused by fluid loss from blood vessels
- b inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
- c common inflammatory condition characterized by papules, vesicles, and crusts; not a disease itself but a symptom of an underlying condition
- d inflammation of the skin
- e chronic inflammatory condition accompanied by scaly plaques
5 Multiple choice questions
- caused by pressure from tight shoes or improper cut of nail.
- fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin; several forms occur
- furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles
- (bedsores) develop when pressure slows down blood flow to local areas of the skin
- caused by a group of fungi that feed on dead skin & perspiration. treated with antifungal drugs.
5 True/False questions
scleroderma → disorder of vessels and connective tissue characterized by hardening of the skin; two types: localized and systemic
wart → furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles
nevus → furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles
herpes simplex → caused by herpes virus. "kissing herpes" or "genital herpes"
alopecia → baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy