5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- genital herpes
- a mole; removed by surgery or injections/radiotherapy
- b furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles
- c disorder of vessels and connective tissue characterized by hardening of the skin; two types: localized and systemic
- d caused by a group of fungi that feed on dead skin & perspiration. treated with antifungal drugs.
- e STD; caused by person-to-person contact. antivirals help shorten episodes in the beginning
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- hives; red lesions caused by fluid loss from blood vessels
- "acne"; rosy red color, found in 25 yr olds and older
- caused by herpes virus. "kissing herpes" or "genital herpes"
- inflammation of the skin
- "zoster" or "shingles"; can only treat symptoms.
5 True/False Questions
alopecia → baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
pruritis → itching; caused by diabetes and liver diseases with jaundice. cleanliness/lotions aid in relief.
psoriasis → itching; caused by diabetes and liver diseases with jaundice. cleanliness/lotions aid in relief.
decubitus ulcer → (bedsores) develop when pressure slows down blood flow to local areas of the skin
impetigo → baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy