5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- decubitus ulcer
- a inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
- b baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
- c chronic inflammatory condition accompanied by scaly plaques
- d (bedsores) develop when pressure slows down blood flow to local areas of the skin
- e highly contagious staphylococcal or streptococcal infection
5 Multiple choice questions
- caused by herpes virus. "kissing herpes" or "genital herpes"
- inflammation of the skin
- benign neoplasm caused by papillomavirus
- mole; removed by surgery or injections/radiotherapy
- "acne"; rosy red color, found in 25 yr olds and older
5 True/False questions
ingrown nails → caused by pressure from tight shoes or improper cut of nail.
genital herpes → STD; caused by person-to-person contact. antivirals help shorten episodes in the beginning
acne vulgaris → inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
scleroderma → baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
eczema → fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin; several forms occur