5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- herpes simplex
- a caused by a group of fungi that feed on dead skin & perspiration. treated with antifungal drugs.
- b hives; red lesions caused by fluid loss from blood vessels
- c mole; removed by surgery or injections/radiotherapy
- d caused by herpes virus. "kissing herpes" or "genital herpes"
- e inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
5 Multiple choice questions
- baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
- STD; caused by person-to-person contact. antivirals help shorten episodes in the beginning
- "acne"; caused by increased oil production. treated with creams and lotions.
- benign neoplasm caused by papillomavirus
- common inflammatory condition characterized by papules, vesicles, and crusts; not a disease itself but a symptom of an underlying condition
5 True/False questions
ingrown nails → caused by pressure from tight shoes or improper cut of nail.
decubitus ulcer → (bedsores) develop when pressure slows down blood flow to local areas of the skin
dermatitis → inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
boils → mole; removed by surgery or injections/radiotherapy
tinea → fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin; several forms occur