5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- acne vulgaris
- decubitus ulcer
- a baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
- b chronic inflammatory condition accompanied by scaly plaques
- c "acne"; caused by increased oil production. treated with creams and lotions.
- d benign neoplasm caused by papillomavirus
- e (bedsores) develop when pressure slows down blood flow to local areas of the skin
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
- itching; caused by diabetes and liver diseases with jaundice. cleanliness/lotions aid in relief.
- hives; red lesions caused by fluid loss from blood vessels
- caused by herpes virus. "kissing herpes" or "genital herpes"
- furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles
5 True/False Questions
impetigo → baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
ingrown nails → furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles
herpes zoster → "zoster" or "shingles"; can only treat symptoms.
rosacea → "acne"; rosy red color, found in 25 yr olds and older
nevus → furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles