← Social Science Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Liberty and Victory Bonds
- postage stamp
- October 24, 1929
- a Scrip was often printed in the shape of a typical
- b On what date in 1929 did panic selling result in the exchange of 13 million shares?
- c What were the bonds financing World War I called?
- d The international means of exchange during the 1920s was
- e Which major Japanese export was in decline before the Great Depression?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- How many district banks were created in the establishment of the Federal Reserve System?
- What name is given to the theorists who attribute the crisis of the 1930s to a lack of economic vibrancy caused by fundamental barriers to growth?
- How did the marriage rate in the US change between 1929 and 1932?
- Which event in 1917 severed most of the Soviet Union's financial dealings with the US and Europe?
- What made the 504-page Miami Daily News the largest newspaper issue in history?
5 True/False Questions
Simon Kuznets → The maldistribution thesis is the contribution of economist
declaring bankruptcy → Most specifically, Lebensraum is an idealogically charged reference to
John Kenneth Galbraith → Economists who believe that deflation results from a decline in the stock of money are called
It promoted the settlement of a growing German population and the elimination of native populations → Why wasn't the Soviet Union seriously affected by the economic events of the Great Depression?
"neo-Austrian" → The maldistribution thesis is the contribution of economist