← Roman Empire Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Council of Nicaea
- Pantheon: Temple of all Deities
- Network of Roads
- a oculus and dome of a temple for the all the gods by Hadrian. christian church since the 7th century. the best preserved of all ancient roman buildings
- b opposed war and was more about making boarders and securing them. he gave up some land in order to make the boarders even.
- c Claudius' step son. last of the Julio-Claudian emperors. he killed his co-ruler (his brother) he ordered his mother and wife be killed.
- d linked the Roman Empire to far away places (important for trade). allowed the military to mobilize quickly.
- e called by Constantine.
nearly 300 bishops attended from all over the empire except Britain. "the church had taken her first great step to define doctrine more precisely in response to a challenge from a heretical theology."
one God, three parts.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- stated that Christianity was the legal religion of the empire. other religions were allowed to practice their own beliefs. mandated the return of property that had previously been confiscated.
- wrote a monumental history of Rome. he supported the restoration of the republic. he wrote in chronological order and a narrative fashion.
- a bridge- like structure that brought water across a valley or through a hill. the most famous one is known as Segovia in Spain.
- responsible for a column of himself, 98 ft and 125 ft with his statue on top. the column is now topped with St. Peter.
- vandalized spain.
5 True/False Questions
Vespasian → he named successor by Trajan on his death bed.
Claudius → "Annals" and "Histories"
both were accurate histories of Rome. they focused on the rule of Nero. and some on Domitian.
Diocletian → was known for sending Rome into financial troubles. a lot of money was spend on rebuilding the city. persecuted the Jews and Christians. paranoid by the senators. he was killed by praetorian guard.
Nero → wrote a monumental history of Rome. he supported the restoration of the republic. he wrote in chronological order and a narrative fashion.
Trajan → had a forum and market in Rome. the market was a covered hall and it is equivalent to a modern day shopping center.
he also built aqueducts throughout Rome.