Any of various large, edible marine gastropods having an ear-shaped shell with a pearly interior.
1. One who assists the celebrant in the performance of liturgical rites. 2. A devoted follower or attendant.
1. A natural attraction or feeling of kinship. 2. Relationship by marriage. 3. An inherent similarity between persons or things. 4. (Biology) A relationship in structure between species that suggests a common origin. 5. (Immunology) The attraction between an antigen and an antibody. 6. (Chemistry) An attraction or force between particles that causes them to combine.
A village of northern France west-northwest of Arras. On October 25th, 1415, Henry V of England decisively defeated a much larger French army here. The victory demonstrated the effectiveness of the longbow.
1. A chemical that improves the production of crops. 2. A chemical or product, such as cellulose, derived from plants.
A town of northwest Puerto Rico on Mona Passage. Christopher Columbus reputedly landed at the site of _____ in 1493.
An eye abnormality, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism, resulting from faulty refractive ability of the eye.
A tiny country of southwest Europe between France and Spain in the eastern Pyrenees. And independent republic.
A pathological deficiency in the oxygen carrying component of the blood, measured in unit volume concentrations of hemoglobin, red blood cell volume, or red blood cell number.
1. An infectious, usually fatal disease of warm blooded animals, especially of cattle and sheep, caused by the bacterium Bacillus anthracis. Characterized by ulcerative skin lesions. 2. A lesion caused by this.
The study of human body measurement for use in anthropological classification and comparison.
1. Responsive singing or chanting. 2. A composition that is sung responsively. 3. A responsive interchange, as of ideas or opinions.