5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Will the development of early reading skills allow children to gain opportunities for future learning possibilities?
- The vocabulary objective of beginning reading instruction should include 3 elements. Name them.
- Name 3 additional Developmental Expectations of the beginning reader.
- Beginning readers should receive systematic and explicit instruction in reading.
Name 4 objectives of this instruction.
- Name 3 characteristics of the emergent reader.
- a 4. Rhyme
5. Blend words
6. Begin to recognize phonograms
- b Vocabulary
1. Word-attack skills
- c 1. Phonics
4. Listening and writing
- d 1. Beginning awareness that
text progresses L --> R
3. Recognition of visual clues in environmental print
- e Yes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1. Work-attack skills (multisyllabic words)
3. Spelling and vocabulary
5. Comprehension of text (context skills)
6. Utilizing metacognition
* Phonemic awareness
* Phonemic blending
* Phonemic decoding
- The study of:
* how sentences are formed
* pattern or structure of word order in sentences
- * Hear
the phonemes in spoken words
- As early as 3rd grade.
5 True/False Questions
Are graphemes single or multiple letters? → Either
Developmental expectations of fluent readers contain 4 objectives. Name them. → 1. Read larger units of print
2. Use analogy to decode larger words
3. Decoding becomes fluent
4. Reading accuracy & speed are stressed & improve
Do children need to be highly intelligent to become successful readers? → Yes
What is the rime of bag? → Initial consonant sound of a syllable.
Explicit phonics programs ... → ... provide teachers with
precise directions for teaching