5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- There are 6 objectives for reading instruction for remedial readers. Name the first 3.
- What is the rime of bag?
- Name 4 stages of reading development.
- T/F: Approximately 2 years of phonics instruction is sufficient for most students.
- a Smallest part of a written language
that represents a phoneme
when spelling a word.
- b 1. Assessment of identified reading weakness (diagnosis)
2. Teaching explicit strategies based on diagnosis
3. Linking instruction to prior knowledge
- c 4 Stages of Reading Development:
- d -ag
- e True :-)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- * Breaking words into phonemes or syllables
* Breaking syllables into onsets & rimes
- With reading instruction the child should begin basic phonemic awareness:
1. Begin to recognize print in the environment
2. Begin to recognize letter shapes
3. Begin to make predictions in stories
4. Pretend to read
- ... the ability to manipulate the sound structure of language.
- A word part that contains a
vowel or vowel sound.
- ... sounds work together to make words.
5 True/False Questions
Emergent readers are often in what age range? → 4th to 8th.
Onset is the: → The part of a syllable that contains the vowel and everything after it.
Is syntax also the examination of various ways that words combine to create meaning? → ... syllables.
Decoding is: → The analysis of spoken or written symbols
in order to understand meaning.
Define metacognition → A unit of meaning that cannot be divided into smaller elements.