5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the rime of bag?
- Explicit phonics programs ...
- Phoneme Manipulation is:
- Remedial readers are taught from the same systematic framework used in the early grades. Are the developmental expectations the same?
- Name 4 objectives of reading instruction for emergent readers.
- a -ag
- b ... provide teachers with
precise directions for teaching
- c With reading instruction the child should begin basic phonemic awareness:
1. Begin to recognize print in the environment
2. Begin to recognize letter shapes
3. Begin to make predictions in stories
4. Pretend to read
- d No.
The expectation is that these students will acquire reading skills consistent with the standards.
- e * Blending phonemes to make words
* Segmenting words into phonemes
* Deleting/Adding phonemes from/to words
* Substituting phonemes to make new words
5 Multiple choice questions
- ... explicit
- 4th to 8th.
- 1. Planned
2. Carefully selected letter/sound relationships
3. Logically sequenced
- 1. Work-attack skills (multisyllabic words)
3. Spelling and vocabulary
5. Comprehension of text (context skills)
6. Utilizing metacognition
5 True/False questions
Is the b- in bag the onset or the rime? → Onset
The vocabulary objective of beginning reading instruction should include 3 elements. Name them. → Phonics:
* Phonemic awareness
* Phonemic blending
* Phonemic decoding
Semantics is: → The analysis and study of
words, phrases, and sentences.
Beginning readers should receive systematic and explicit instruction in reading.
Name 4 objectives of this instruction. → The age of beginning readers often ranges between:
K to 2nd (3rd) grade
Is syntax also the examination of various ways that words combine to create meaning? → Yes.