5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the rime of bag?
- Explicit phonics programs ...
- Blending can be combining phonemes to create...
- Phonemic awareness is the ability to:
- Are graphemes single or multiple letters?
- a * Hear
the phonemes in spoken words
- b Either
- c -ag
- d ... provide teachers with
precise directions for teaching
- e ... words or syllables.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The analysis and study of
words, phrases, and sentences.
- Emergent readers can be characterized as:
- Via re-teaching all of the modalities taught to beginning readers.
- 1. Beginning awareness that
text progresses L --> R
3. Recognition of visual clues in environmental print
5 True/False questions
Beginning readers can be characterized as:
- Orthographic → Not able to demonstrate competency in these skills.
The more thorough definition of phoneme is... → The smallest part of spoken language
that makes a difference in the meaning of words.
Systematic phonics instruction has these 3 characteristics: → 1. Planned
2. Carefully selected letter/sound relationships
3. Logically sequenced
Phonics is: → The understanding that there is a predictable relationship between phonemes and graphemes.
Can understanding semantics assist when decoding in understanding why a word "sounds" correct in a sentence? → Yes.