← 7thGradeHeredity Test
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- threadlike structure within the nucleus containing the genetic information that is passed from one generation of cells to the next
- what an organism looks like as a consequence of its genotype.
- The point of region on a chromosome to which the spindle attaches during mitosis and meiosis.
- The "strong" form of a gene, which is expressed even if a recessive gene is present.
- The "weak" form of a gene
- Out of the 23 pairs of chromosomes, this is the 23rd chromosome that is the longer of the pair. This is the female chromosome.
6 True/False Questions
Replication → The copying process in which new DNA is created.
Genetics → The study of heredity.
Y Chromosome → Out of the 23 pairs of chromosomes, this is the 23rd chromosome that is the longer of the pair. This is the female chromosome.
Genes → The study of heredity.
Meiosis → type of cell division that produces four cells, each with half as many chromosomes as the parent cell
Gametes → Units of genetic material that determine a trait.