Temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result
What is a project?
- an individual who is an expert in project planning and management, defines and develops the project plan, and tracks the plan to ensure the projects is completed on time and on budget
- Managing people
- Managing communications
- Managing change
- Managing risk
A project manager must focus on managing four primary areas to ensure success:
- money, time, scope all have to be balanced; change one, the others are affected.
- any measurable, tangible, verifiable outcome, result, or item that is produced to complete a project or part of a project.
- a simple bar chart that depicts project tasks against a calendar
- a graphical network model that depicts a project's tasks and the relationships between those tasks... dependency & critical path
- defines the work that must be completed to deliver a product with the specified features and functions
- an uncertain event or condition that, if it occurs, has a positive or negative effect on a project objective
Risk management (under project risk)
- the process of proactive and ongoing identification, analysis, and response to risk factors
_______ criteria are useful reminders on how to ensure that the project has created understandable and measurable objectives
Specific, Measurable, Agreed Upon, Realistic, Time-framed.
what does S.M.A.R.T. mean?