5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- joyful/ affectionate
- The nature of language
- Emotions are multidimensional
- Vocal behavior
- Touch behavior
- a happiness: a state of contentment, joy, pleasure, and cheer.
love and passion:
- b Language is a structured system of symbols used for communicating meaning.
- c - at least nine aspects of the voice convey meaning:
- d Touch conveys at least five forms of meaning:
-power and control
- e are physiological
Action tendencies - biologically based motives toward specific behavioral responses to emotions
emotions are social and cultural.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to repay favors
ex. if you lend me your car I will buy you dinner
- literal meaning (look up)
- make a large request that is rejected followed by a more reasonable request
- the pronunciation of the word
- are there sexual differences in jealousy?
5 True/False questions
syntactic rules → the pronunciation of the word
I-statements → shift responsibility for your thoughts and feelings to the other person
use of smell → the perception that the quality of the relationship is being threatened by a third party
persuasion → is rude or obscene language
- profanity is context - specific
- can serve to put people at ease
- can also serve to insult or degrade others
Naming defines and differentiates us → the structure of language determines how we think/ language can limit us.