5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Eye behavior
- At least nine aspects of the voice convey meaning:
- Valence and intensity
- emotion contagion:
- a the tendency to mimic the emotional experiences and expressions of others
- b emotions vary in valence and intensity
when emotions become extremely intense, they can become debilitating.
- c pitch, inflection, volume, speaking rate, filler words....
- d the eyes communicate more than any other part of the face
eye contact can connote: honesty, attraction, confidence intimidation
- e language that disguises the speaker's true intentions through strategic ambiguity.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- people see the world differently because we speak different language.
- joyful and affectionate
sad and anxious
- The face communicates more information than any other channel
-facial displays have three primary functions
- correct ordering of words in a phrase
5 True/False Questions
fear: → the desire for something another person has
Deception → is a common component of politeness
is common when communicating Online
Liking: → expression one emotion when you are really feeling another
Ways of enhancing or damaging credibility: → Cliches
dialects - variations on a language that are shared for a certain region or social class
ex. wash clothes vs wash rags
equivocation - language that disguises the speaker's true intentions through strategic ambiguity.
weasel words - words that intend to mislead the listener by implying something they do not actually say.
illness statements -
primary emotions: → distinct emotional experiences not consisting of combinations of other emotions