5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- At least nine aspects of the voice convey meaning:
- social validation principle
- Sapir - Whorf Hypothesis:
- a ...
- b pitch, inflection, volume, speaking rate, filler words....
- c the idea that language influences the ways members of a culture see the world.
- d are vague, mild expressions symbolizing something more harsh or blunt
- can provide a way to talk about sensitive topics
- can desensitize people to important issues
- e feeling unhappy, sorrowful, and discouraged
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- violates expectations
- the way we use time sends others:
- messages of value
-messages of power
- Social anxiety:
- a gesture with a direct verbal translation ( Hi and waving)
- fear of not making a good impression on others
5 True/False Questions
Use of artifacts → are objects and visual features in an environment that reflect who we are and what we like
- how we choose and arrange artifacts in our environments gives others impressions about us
Hate speech → is a form of profanity meant to degrade or intimidate people based on their sex, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or political or moral views.
deception: → the knowing and intentional transmission of information to create a false belief in the hearer.
valence: → feeling unhappy, sorrowful, and discouraged
emotion → the body's multi-dimensional response to any event that enhances or inhibits one's goals
- is different from mood