5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- kettle lake
- drainage basins
- a The slowest form of mass movement
- b The area of land in which water drains into a stream system, the water eventually drains into a lake or an ocean.
- c a bowl shaped depression that was formed by a block of ice from a glacier and then became filled with water.
- d the process in which weathered particles are picked up and moved from one place to another.
- e the sediment left directly on the ground surface by a retreating glacier.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a deposit of till left behind by a retreating glacier.
- the blanket of till that a glacier deposits its bottom.
- wind blows away all the smallest particles from a mixture sand, silt and gravel, leaves behind a stony surface.
- the downhill movements of masses of rocks and soil
- the ridges of till deposited at the sides of a glacier.
5 True/False Questions
gravity → is a large mass of ice that moves over land
sinkhole → is a ridge of sand built up by action of waves and currents.
alpine glacier → is a large mass of ice that moves over land
end moraine → the till that marks the farthest advance of a glacier forms a deposit.
long shore drift → is the movement of water along a shore as waves strike the shore at an angle.