5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- drainage basins
- alpine glacier
- a causes water to move downward, carrying and depositing sediments as it flows.
- b called valley glaciers, form in mountains and flow down through valleys.
- c The area of land in which water drains into a stream system, the water eventually drains into a lake or an ocean.
- d is a mound of sand built up by wind
- e is a large mass of ice that moves over land
5 Multiple choice questions
- is an area of land on either side of a stream that is underwater when the stream floods
- the ridges of till deposited at the sides of a glacier.
- is a ridge of sand built up by action of waves and currents.
- ice near surface is brittle and cracks often form in it. Deep inside, ice doesn't break due to pressure on top.
- curves and bands that form a twisting, looping pattern in a stream channel
5 True/False questions
ground moraine → the till that marks the farthest advance of a glacier forms a deposit.
glacier movement → the weight of a glacier and heat from Earth cause ice at the bottom of a glacier to melt. A layer of water forms under the glacier, and it starts sliding along on the layer of water.
desert pavement → 2 kinds: flowing and sliding.
sliding glacier movement → ice near surface is brittle and cracks often form in it. Deep inside, ice doesn't break due to pressure on top.
spit → the sediment left directly on the ground surface by a retreating glacier.