5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- desert pavement
- mass wasting
- a the downhill movements of masses of rocks and soil
- b the sediment left directly on the ground surface by a retreating glacier.
- c wind blows away all the smallest particles from a mixture sand, silt and gravel, leaves behind a stony surface.
- d the process in which weathered particles are picked up and moved from one place to another.
- e a major type of mass wasting
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a bowl shaped depression that was formed by a block of ice from a glacier and then became filled with water.
- called valley glaciers, form in mountains and flow down through valleys.
- A sandbar that has built up above the water surface and is joined to the land at one end
- 2 kinds: flowing and sliding.
- is a fan shaped deposit of sediment at the base of a mountain. It forms where is a stream leaves a steep valley and enters a flatter plain.
5 True/False Questions
sinkhole → a ridge from which water drains to one side or the other
end moraine → the blanket of till that a glacier deposits its bottom.
long shore current → is the movement of water along a shore as waves strike the shore at an angle.
gravity → is a large mass of ice that moves over land
barrier island → is a long, narrow island that develops parallel to a coast. It forms a barrier between the ocean waves and the shore of the mainland.