5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Light Reactions
- Chlorophyll a
- C3 Plant
- a A photosynthetic pigment that participates directly in the light reactions, which convert solar energy to chemical energy.
- b green pigment in plants that absorbs light energy used to carry out photosynthesis
- c A plant that uses the Calvin cycle for the initial steps that incorporate CO2 into organic material, forming a three-carbon compound as the first stable intermediate.
- d reactions of photosynthesis that use energy from light to produce ATP and NADPH
- e organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes; also called a consumer
5 Multiple choice questions
- The fluid of the chloroplast surrounding the thylakoid membrane.
- almost identical to chlorophyll a, but slightly different absorption spectra, yellow-green
- reactions of photosynthesis in which energy from ATP and NADPH is used to build high-energy compounds such as sugars
- The process of generating ATP from ADP and phosphate by means of a proton-motive force generated by the thylakoid membrane of the chloroplast during the light reactions of photosynthesis.
- a 3 carbon sugar; for each CO2 are formed in the Calvin cycle; 1 leaves to be used in the cell, 5 are use for regeneration of RuBP
5 True/False questions
spectrophotometer → An instrument that measures the proportions of light of different wavelengths absorbed and transmitted by a pigment solution.
Photon → a tiny particle or packet of light energy
visible light → The distance between crests of electromagnetic waves.
PEP Carboxylase → yellow or orange pigment that serves as an accessory to chlorophyll in photosynthesis
NADP → one of the carrier molecules that transfers high-energy electrons from chlorophyll to other molecules