5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- bull market
- Elliot Ness
- organized crime
- installment buying
- model T
- a first affordable car built by Henry Ford; sturdy, reliable, inexpensive, only came in black
- b buying on credit
- c Leader of the Untouchables who arrested Al Capone
- d rising stock market
- e increased with prohibition!
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a law forbidding the sale of alcoholic beverages
- Leading African American jazz musician during the Harlem Renaissance; he was a talented trumpeter whose style influenced many later musicians.
- economic system in which all wealth and property are owned by the community as a whole
- African American poet who described the rich culture of African American life using rhythms influenced by jazz music. He wrote of African American hope and defiance, as well as the culture of Harlem and also had a major impact on the Harlem Renaissance.
- Manufacturing process in which each worker does one specialized task in the construction of the final product
5 True/False Questions
supply-side economics → Became president when Harding died. Tried to clean up scandals. Business prospered and people's wealth increased. Believed "The business of America is business."
bohemian → unconventional in especially appearance and behavior
disarmament → person who is against all forms of government
harlem renaissance → United States gangster who terrorized Chicago during Prohibition until arrested for tax evasion (1899-1947)
anarchist → person who is against all forms of government