6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- About how much time ELAPSED between the time Handel started Messiah and finished Messiah? In other words, how long did it take Handel to write Messiah?
- These two composers were born in the same year.
- What is Vivaldi's home country?
- Name six dance styles from the Baroque Period.
- Handel's operas were not performed again until what year?
- Where did the Baroque Period originate?
6 True/False questions
grotesque; extravagant; overdone → Name three instruments that were used during the Baroque Period.
Mass in B Minor; Toccata and Fugue; Air on a G String → Three of Bach's works that we listened to in class are?
oratorio → A musical work written for chorus, vocal soloists, and orchestra, with a religious text, often from the Bible.
ruffles; stockings; wigs; velvet; fancy dresses → Five things that were worn during the Baroque Period are?
oboe; organ; clavier → Name three instruments that were used during the Baroque Period.
Germany → What is Vivaldi's home country?