6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Name six dance styles from the Baroque Period.
- Where did the Baroque Period originate?
- A musical work written for chorus, vocal soloists, and orchestra, with a religious text, often from the Bible.
- Handel's operas were not performed again until what year?
- These two composers were born in the same year.
- What is Vivaldi's home country?
6 True/False Questions
grotesque; extravagant; overdone → Three words that describe the Baroque Period are?
Germany → Where did the Baroque Period originate?
Bach; Handel; Vivaldi → These two composers were born in the same year.
one month → About how much time ELAPSED between the time Handel started Messiah and finished Messiah? In other words, how long did it take Handel to write Messiah?
church musician; choir master; music teacher → Name three occupations of Johann Sebastian Bach.
priest → What was Vivaldi's occupation before he became a musician.