← SWS2007 Exam 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 2 developments that allowed for a rapid population increase in the 50s.
- the percentage of world energy that is devoted to producing plant available nitrogen.
- two dominant ions in river water
- principal sources of salts to rivers
- the range in average annual rainfall in Florida
- a 1%
- b air condition and mosquito control via DDT
- c erosion of rocks and minerals and dissolution of salts
- d Carbonate and Calcium
- e 50-60 in/yr
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- all of the material that is falling into the cavities manifest themselves at the surface by creating depression areas characterized by caves, sinkholes, and other types of openings caused by dissolution, and by few surface streams.
- confined, unconfined, consolidated, unconsolidated
- low elevation, little topography, Florida is flat.
5 True/False Questions
deepest lake in the world → Lake Baikal
the number one uses for surface water and groundwater the U.S. → surface water
What is the largest lake in the world? → Lake Assal
Does the U.S. dominantly use surface water or groundwater? → 98%
how to calculate a gradient → Warm moisture-laden wind blowing in to the land from the sea encounters a natural barrier