← SWS2007 Exam 2 Test
SWS2007 Exam 2
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- the % of available freshwater that is groundwater.
- Florida's principal aquifer system is
- how the two dominant ions from river water are removed
- most common form of lake formation in Florida
- the largest watershed in the U.S.
- a Carbonate and Calcium removed from ocean water principally by organisms
- b Mississippi watershed
- c confined and consolidated
- d 98%
- e sinkholes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Lower surface pressures encourage a more rapid inflow of air at the surface, more thunderstorms, more heat, lower surface pressure, stronger winds, and so on making intensity increase
- Evaporation concentrates salts left behind after water leaves
- abrupt collapse of overburden
- Total land area that drains surface water to a common point.
- 7 billion gallons/day
5 True/False Questions
principal way by which drainage of the everglades was accomplished in the early part of the 20th century → Construction of a canal south of Lake okeechobee
deepest lake in the world → Lake Baikal
gradient → the driving force for river flow. one of the major determining factors for the velocity of the ocean floor.
three types of rainfall → Two masses of air of different temperature, humidity and density meet
Hurricane season → Two masses of air of different temperature, humidity and density meet