5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Zimmerman Note
- Yellow Journalism
- Wilson's 14 points
- a Note from Germany that was supposedly sent to mexico saying that they should start war with America
- b The plan for peace proposed by president Widrow Wilson; 1st that there should be no seceret treaties and nations should engage in open agreement with each other; Freedom of Seas should be obtained; tarrifs and other economic barriers should be lowered or abolished to foster free trade; Arms should be reduced to enough to maintain national safety; Colonial policy should consider the intrests of the colonies as well as imperial intrests; The next eight points dealt with national boundries based on Ethnic groups
- c the use of sensationalized and exaggerated reporting by news papers or magazines to attract readers.
- d Submarines used to blow up ships
- e A belief that national interest should be placed ahead of regional concerns and that foreign policy should be guided by national self interest.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An association of nations established in 1920 to promote international cooperation and peace.
- The policy of spreading a nations authority over other countries by economic, political, or military means
- sways readers to think a certain way, ideas spread to influence public opinion for or against a cause
- Illegally shipping weapons to other countries
- The 1919 that ended WWI; Made nine new nations poland, Czechoslovakia, and Yugoslavia; 4 new areas were created out of the Ottoman Empire such as Iraq, Syria, Lebonan, and Palestine; Took out most of Germany's Military; Made Germany to return Alsace-Lorraine to France and pay rearations;
5 True/False questions
Black Jack Pershing → the group of nations- originally consisting of great Britain, France, and Russia
Archduke Ferdinand → Prince murdered in Siberia with wife.
Joseph Pulitzer → Pledge that Germany took saying that they would not blow up anymore US passenger ships
AEF → The American Expeditionary Force used to fight against the Germans in the war.
Triple Alliance → The three nations part of the alliance Germany, Italy, and Austria/Hungary