5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Zimmerman Note
- Archduke Ferdinand
- Allied Powers
- a Note from Germany that was supposedly sent to mexico saying that they should start war with America
- b A passenger boat blown up by Germany being accused of Contraband
- c Prince murdered in Siberia with wife.
- d The American Expeditionary Force used to fight against the Germans in the war.
- e the group of nations- originally consisting of great Britain, France, and Russia
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the compensation paid by a defeated nation for the damage or injury it inflicted during a war
- An association of nations established in 1920 to promote international cooperation and peace.
- Illegally shipping weapons to other countries
- the use of sensationalized and exaggerated reporting by news papers or magazines to attract readers.
- The plan for peace proposed by president Widrow Wilson; 1st that there should be no seceret treaties and nations should engage in open agreement with each other; Freedom of Seas should be obtained; tarrifs and other economic barriers should be lowered or abolished to foster free trade; Arms should be reduced to enough to maintain national safety; Colonial policy should consider the intrests of the colonies as well as imperial intrests; The next eight points dealt with national boundries based on Ethnic groups
5 True/False Questions
Joseph Pulitzer → Publisher of the New York World, printed exaggerated acounts of Spain's mistreatment towards Cubans
Nationalism → A belief that national interest should be placed ahead of regional concerns and that foreign policy should be guided by national self interest.
Imperialism → The policy of spreading a nations authority over other countries by economic, political, or military means
Triple Alliance → The three nations part of the Entente Britain, france, and Russia
Neutrality → a refusal to take part in a war between other countries