5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Shuufeld Treaty
- Qing Dynasty Corruption
- Korea in the 1800's
- Lord Mc Carthney
- a China is a meritocracy, people of power got their positions by buying test results. Wealthy put their sons in power. Bureaucratic responsibilities weren't being met.
- b In 1870s it was forced open by foreign powers including Japan. 36 year long colonial rule.
Taewongun ruled from 1864-1870 and was very anti-western
- c Aficionado of antiquities or things of the past, collecting relics, deliberately growing inward and becoming cut off.
- d 1796, tried to create trade with China. He didn't "Koton", which is physically bowing before the empire.
- e 1882, China forces Korea to open ports to everyone. This causes many Korean rebellions and other powers take full advantage before the Sino-Japanese war.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The area where the British fought the Indians and French 4400 to 50,000 and won.
- Britain transported Opium to China from india. They influenced India, Burma, Hongkong and Pakistan.
- On Jan 11, 1851, there was a formal declaration of revolution. It lasted for 14 years and involved the Hakka
- Huge city in India, visited by Captain Cook
- 1854: Treaty of Kanagawa with US, opened Shimoda and Hakodate
1854: treaty with Britain, 1855: Treaty with Russia/Dutch
5 True/False Questions
Qing Dynasty → Qing: 1644 - 1911
Post hoc ergo propter hoc → after this, therefore because of this, this is the people's reasoning for why someone lost the mandate of heaven
3 Japanese Leaders → Ieyasu Tokugawa: Took control 1600-1616, his shogunate lasted until 1850
Toyotomi Hideoshi: Took control in 1586, died 1598
Oda Nobunaga: In 1572 began to unify the country, died in 1582
Lahore → Hindu and Muslim Soliders during the 1857 rebellion against Britain.
Rivers → Heilongjiang River, Liaohe River, Sungari River, Hanjiang River, Yangtze River, Yellow River, Nujiang River, Brahmaputra River, Lancang River, Pearl River