5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Shah Alam
- Progressive (good) aspects of the Taiping Rebellion
- 3 Rivers in China
- British occupation of India
- Post hoc ergo propter hoc
- a Blind poet during this time, ruled in 1806
- b Britain transported Opium to China from india. They influenced India, Burma, Hongkong and Pakistan.
- c after this, therefore because of this, this is the people's reasoning for why someone lost the mandate of heaven
- d -Gave back land to peasants, erased debt and reformed land.
-Female emancipation, movement for women equality
-Education, introduced easier form of writing and new lunar calender.
- e Huanghe: Yellow River
Changjiang: Yangtze, literally means long
Heilongjiang: Black Dragon River
5 Multiple choice questions
- Huge city in India, visited by Captain Cook
- The area where the British fought the Indians and French 4400 to 50,000 and won.
- Formed due to corrupt gov officials and floods. 20-100 million people were killed. Disease and scorched earth policy helped the death count. It applied millenarian-ism and helped for woman's rights and people gained a sense of nationalism. Gained a 10,000 people local army
- Began in 1856
- In Shanghai the english and french didn't want to let them in out of fear of being killed. and formed the "Ever-Victorious" army with American Frederick Ward as the leader.
5 True/False questions
What makes a Nation? → -Bounded space, decline of sovereign/king rule.
-Need a story, set boundaries, military, urban planning
-industrial, economic and technological capacity
-Pride, flags, uniform, song, story
Qing Dynasty Corruption → rose 1644-1911. The Manchuus Ruled.
Japanese Treaties → Ieyasu Tokugawa: Took control 1600-1616, his shogunate lasted until 1850
Toyotomi Hideoshi: Took control in 1586, died 1598
Oda Nobunaga: In 1572 began to unify the country, died in 1582
Extra Territoriality → After Japanese missions in 1868, 1875 and 1876 fail, in 1876 Japan sends in warships to Inchon to force this treaty
Lahore → The area where the British fought the Indians and French 4400 to 50,000 and won.