5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Outside involvement during the Taiping Rebellion
- Progressive (good) aspects of the Taiping Rebellion
- Millard Filmore
- a Trading port called Deshima traded with China, Philippines and America, but in the beginning only the Dutch
- b President during the time of the end of the Tokugawa, sent Commodore Perry to Japan.
- c In Shanghai the english and french didn't want to let them in out of fear of being killed. and formed the "Ever-Victorious" army with American Frederick Ward as the leader.
- d Where the mughals in India led from. The Red Fort housed the royality
- e -Gave back land to peasants, erased debt and reformed land.
-Female emancipation, movement for women equality
-Education, introduced easier form of writing and new lunar calender.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. Modernization>Militarization: trade of arms + Industrialization: trade/build railways and steamships
3. Self Strengthening: through nationalism, pride, stories and learning
4: Strong Gov.
- 8.7% of the world was controlled by france. Took over parts of Vietnam. In 1844, they signed the Whampoa treaty with China to rent houses, shops, build churches, hospitals and schools.
- 1854: Treaty of Kanagawa with US, opened Shimoda and Hakodate
1854: treaty with Britain, 1855: Treaty with Russia/Dutch
- US started using Steam ships to whale in the pacific. needed coal for ships. Japan had good geography, resources, and US could reach out for mercenaries
- -Bounded space, decline of sovereign/king rule.
-Need a story, set boundaries, military, urban planning
-industrial, economic and technological capacity
-Pride, flags, uniform, song, story
5 True/False questions
Rivers → Heilongjiang River, Liaohe River, Sungari River, Hanjiang River, Yangtze River, Yellow River, Nujiang River, Brahmaputra River, Lancang River, Pearl River
Ming Dynasty → Qing: 1644 - 1911
Han → The chinese majority that the Manchu during the Qing ruled over.
3 Japanese Leaders → Ieyasu Tokugawa: Took control 1600-1616, his shogunate lasted until 1850
Toyotomi Hideoshi: Took control in 1586, died 1598
Oda Nobunaga: In 1572 began to unify the country, died in 1582
Lucknow → Hindu and Muslim Soliders during the 1857 rebellion against Britain.