5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Shah Alam
- Meiji improvement
- Millard Filmore
- Early Tokugawa Japan
- a Blind poet during this time, ruled in 1806
- b Aficionado of antiquities or things of the past, collecting relics, deliberately growing inward and becoming cut off.
- c President during the time of the end of the Tokugawa, sent Commodore Perry to Japan.
- d Closed itself off 1616-1630
Economy didn't grow much, stayed feudal.
- e Japan sent people all over to become educated.
Japanese brought alot of arms and weapons
Adopted the German Parliament: Diet system
5 Multiple choice questions
- 8.7% of the world was controlled by france. Took over parts of Vietnam. In 1844, they signed the Whampoa treaty with China to rent houses, shops, build churches, hospitals and schools.
- 1490's, gave rise to patronage (padrodros) This basically means Spain went one way, Portugal went the other. and connected the 3 oceans through the use of silver.
- Forming your own dynasty or empire. Removing local authority, freeing prisoners and trashing gov buildings.
- rose 1644-1911. The Manchuus Ruled.
- 1839-1842, 1856-1860. Happened because there was a growth in population while economy dropped. Silver market fell. Everyone buyed their way into their jobs. The Gov raises taxes, and pirates rose up in the south, the grand canal closed in 1849 so many families lost jobs
5 True/False questions
4 Steps to protecting a nation → 1. Modernization>Militarization: trade of arms + Industrialization: trade/build railways and steamships
3. Self Strengthening: through nationalism, pride, stories and learning
4: Strong Gov.
Nagasaki → A small part of Malaysia.
Malacca → Chinese from the north who ruled during the Qing until 1911
Mumbai (bombay) → Huge city in India, visited by Captain Cook
Ming Dynasty → rose 1644-1911. The Manchuus Ruled.