5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hong Xiuquan/Hung Hsiu-chuan
- Mumbai (bombay)
- Chinese Treaties with the British/US/France
- Commodore Perry
- 3 Japanese Leaders
- a Huge city in India, visited by Captain Cook
- b Fought in the Mexican War. He lead 4 big black vessels to Edo Harbor. attempted to deliver a letter to open up trading ports with Japan. The letter was accepted in 1853
- c 1842: Treaty of Nanking ( wade-giles)
1843:Treaty of Boque
1844: Treaty of Wangxia (US)
1844: Treaty of Huangpu (Fr)
- d Leader of the Taiping Rebellion. He belonged to the Hakka Minority.
- e Ieyasu Tokugawa: Took control 1600-1616, his shogunate lasted until 1850
Toyotomi Hideoshi: Took control in 1586, died 1598
Oda Nobunaga: In 1572 began to unify the country, died in 1582
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Japan sent people all over to become educated.
Japanese brought alot of arms and weapons
Adopted the German Parliament: Diet system
- Heilongjiang River, Liaohe River, Sungari River, Hanjiang River, Yangtze River, Yellow River, Nujiang River, Brahmaputra River, Lancang River, Pearl River
- Forming your own dynasty or empire. Removing local authority, freeing prisoners and trashing gov buildings.
- -Gave back land to peasants, erased debt and reformed land.
-Female emancipation, movement for women equality
-Education, introduced easier form of writing and new lunar calender.
- In Shanghai the english and french didn't want to let them in out of fear of being killed. and formed the "Ever-Victorious" army with American Frederick Ward as the leader.
5 True/False Questions
Post hoc ergo propter hoc → after this, therefore because of this, this is the people's reasoning for why someone lost the mandate of heaven
Filial Piety → Respect for parents and people
Han → The chinese majority that the Manchu during the Qing ruled over.
Pre-Opium War Facts → 1840-1842 first opium war. too many extra-territoriality issues.
The most favored nation benefits from trade.
1856-1860 China starts the second opium war (anglo-chinese war) and loses to Britain+France
-China wanted to strengthen its military, navy, education and Gov
Ming Dynasty → Rulers of India who starved and got owned by the British