5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- simple leaf
- a a plant hormone that makes stems and leaves get bigger
- b turns into a seed after fertilized
- c looks like just one leaf
- d plant that germinates, grows, makes seeds, and dies (life cycle) in one year
- e a change in the growth of a plant in response to gravity
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Growth produced by apical meristems, which lengthen stems and roots.
- a plant's growth in response to the environment
- the female ovule-bearing part of a flower composed of ovary and style and stigma
- the time when stomata need to be open to allow CO2 in so the leaf can do photosynthesis
- looks like many little 'leaflets'
5 True/False Questions
carpel → a leaflike structure that encloses the bud of a flower - often looks like the outer petal
ARE there benefits to closing stomata? → to keep from losing water
stamen → the hole made by guard cells that lets a plant breathe - lets water vapor out and CO2 in
apical meristem → plant tissue that covers the plant and protects it
petiole → A modified leaf of a flowering plant. Petals are the often colorful parts of a flower that advertise it to insects and other pollinators.