Plant Test Vocabulary Cards
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a plant that germinates, grows, makes seeds, and dies (life cycle) in one year
- b a change in the growth of a plant in response to gravity
- c tissue that makes new cells, at the tip of a stem or root
- d a structure that contains a plant egg cell
- e a chemical that serves as a messenger. Each hormone travels to one or more target cells, where it changes the cell's activity
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the two cells that MAKE the stoma - they wilt to close the stoma, and when they're full of water the stoma opens
- A seed.
- plant that doesn't have a fixed life-cycle - it is only killed by disease, fire, etc - lives 'forever'
- plant that lives its life-cycle in two years
- the bottom layer of inner cells in the leaf - lots of air spaces for CO2, O2, and H2O
5 True/False Questions
vascular bundle → The female reproductive organ of a flower, consisting of the stigma, style, and ovary.
stamen → the hole made by guard cells that lets a plant breathe - lets water vapor out and CO2 in
secondary growth → Growth produced by lateral meristems, thickening the roots and shoots of woody plants.
osmosis → the hole made by guard cells that lets a plant breathe - lets water vapor out and CO2 in
sepal → a leaflike structure that encloses the bud of a flower - often looks like the outer petal