5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- a Human body cells have _____ chromosomes.
- b The process by which the number of chromosomes is reduced by half to form sex cells is called ___________
- c _______ are located on chromosomes
- d If the body cells of an organism have 10 chromosomes, then the sex cells produced during meiosis would have _____ chromosomes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A group of three DNA bases codes for one _________
- ______ is when a base is left out.
- If the sex cells of an organism have 18 chromosomes, then the body cells produced during mitosis would have ____ chromosomes
- mitosis or meiosis? splits twice
- In the genetic code, a group of three nitrogen bases codes for a(n) ____________
5 True/False Questions
Transfer RNA → __________ copies the coded message from the DNA in the nucleus and carries the message to the ribosome in the cytoplasm.
chromosome theory of inheratence → the ________ states that genes are carried from parents to offspring on chromosomes
half → A mutation that causes antibiotic resistance in bacteria is a mutation that _______ the bacteria
genetic code → ______ is when a base is left out.
mitosis → mitosis or meiosis? splits once