Death Evil Spirits Sickness and Nature
the four types of Miracles
2. MML- friends
3. Grieve the death of their brother
4. Raise the brother
5. Jesus- I am the resurrection and the life
6. Do you believe
1. Jewish Official who believes in Jesus
2. Only Daughter- father's concern for his children (God & us)
3. Women- Girls are important to God
4. Death is not the end
5. Luke Jesus- universal Messiah
1. Only Child
a. No husband
b. No son
c. No one to take care of her
3. Reminds Jesus of how Mary will be when he dies
4. Mary hope Jesus will rise again
Wedding at Cana
1. First miracle
2. Water wine
4. Request of mom(Mary)
5. Like a good time
Calming the storm
1. God- Creator- power over nature
2. Turn to God I times of trouble.
Walking on water
1. Jesus calls peter out of the boat
2. Can we give up our possessions and comforts to follow Christ?
3. Do we stay focused on Christ?
4. Do we trust Jesus to bring good out of difficult situations?
Loaves and Fishes
1. Feeding 5,000-3,000
2. Andrew notices child
3. Jesus feeds our hunger
4. Share what we have with others
5. Don't be greedy- hoard
6. Abundance is produced when we trust in God.
1. Jesus has power over evil spirits
2. Someone may be acting out for attention, acceptance, to fit in, or there is something wrong.
3. Most often someone who is acting out has a desire for a quality relationship.
4. The parable reminds us that we are healed by love.
5. The spirits know who God is.
Boy with Demon
the young boy that had what we would call epilepsy but the people thought that he was possessed by the devil
1. Power over sickness
3. Women as=
4. Peter- married- married clergy
Healing of 10 lepers
1. Importance of Gratitude
2. Say Thank you
3. Random acts of kindness
Paralytic on Stretcher
good friends help us to grow in our faith
Healing Centurion Slave
2. Power of words
b. Put down/ encourage
3. Different traditions or paths of faith to God
Woman with Bleeding
1. Nothing God has made is unclean
2. Calls woman to accountability for her faith.
Man with Dropsy
1. Trap Jesus
2. Is it lawful to cure on the Sabbath
3. People more important than things
Cure of the crippled woman or bent over woman
1. Rules or compassion
2. Cure on the Sabbath
3. Woman stand up
Healing of blind Man
2. Calls Jesus "Son of David"
3. Ses well for a blind person
Lame Man at the pool of Bethasdia
1. Whiner, complainer, excuses, everyone else's fault
2. Jesus challenges him to take responsibility for his life
1. Garden of Gethsemade
2. Peter Slices off servant boy's ear
3. Jesus- no violence
Deaf and Dumb Man
1. Can't speak or hear
2. Can we ask for what we need?
3. Can we hear the truth?