5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- leisure time
- jazz age
- a free time
- b women in the 20s who wore short skirts, bobbed their hair and rebelled against the older generation
- c the russian monarchist ruler
- d the indo-european "race" hitler thought was supreme to all others.
- e the years after WW1, including the roaring twenties and ending before the great depression
5 Multiple choice questions
- the flourishing of arts and artists in harlem, new york. (especially african-american artists)
- when black people from the south went up north away from the farms and plantations they were stuck working on for really low wages so they could get more money and better jobs
- Woodrow Wilson's idea of a group of nations, who would discuss rather than fight.
- the usual. after WW1, people wanted to return things to way they were before the war.
- Britain, France, Russia, US (Japan and Italy played a small part)
5 True/False questions
suffragette → the right to vote
reds → the term given to communists, especially russians
armistice → Conduct or language inciting rebellion against the authority of a state.
rumrunner → one who smuggles alcohol illegally
suffrage → the right to vote