← history 10/21 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- harlem renaissance
- a Conduct or language inciting rebellion against the authority of a state.
- b in the us, anyone who is not a us citizen
- c ceasefire
- d the flourishing of arts and artists in harlem, new york. (especially african-american artists)
- e the usual. after WW1, people wanted to return things to way they were before the war.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the system of government that forces equality and restricts freedom; scared many americans
- German Empire, Austro-Hungarian Empire, Ottoman Empire.
- when black people from the south went up north away from the farms and plantations they were stuck working on for really low wages so they could get more money and better jobs
- the law from 1920-1933 that made it illegal to sell, manufacture, and transport alcohol
- a global disease
5 True/False Questions
leisure time → ceasefire
bootlegger → one who illegally transports alcohol
evolution → darwin's theory that people evolved from monkeys
influenza → a virus that became a pandemic in 1918
monkey trial → the 1925 trial in dayton, tennessee which tested the state law that evolutionism was banned in schools