← WWII Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Isoroku Yamamoto
- Omar Bradley
- George Patton
- George Marshall
- a the commander of the american forces landing on Omaha and Utah
- b To give in to demands in order to avoid conflict
- c famous american general who fought in north africa and europe during WWII
- d Army Chief of Staff during WWII; Sec. of State under Truman; Only professional soldier to receive the Nobel Peace Prize
- e Japanese admiral who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941 (1884-1943)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- British statesman who as Prime Minister pursued a policy of appeasement toward fascist Germany (1869-1940)
- United States admiral of the Pacific fleet during World War II who used aircraft carriers to destroy the Japanese navy. He also signed for the US when the Japanese surrendered aboard the USS Missouri
- the political party founded in Germany in 1919 and brought to power by Hitler in 1933
- United States general who served as chief of staff and commanded Allied forces in the South Pacific during World War II. "I shall Return"
- This battle signaled the final phase of the war in Europe.
5 True/False Questions
Bernard Law Montgomery → German Nazi dictator during World War II (1889-1945)
What event started World War II? → Hitler invaded Poland on Sept 1, 1939
USSR/Nazi Pact → Hitler and Stalin agreed that Germany and Russia would not attack each other. They also agreed to trade goods and that Germany would invade Poland and spilt it with Russia
Eisenhower → The Desert Fox. Commander of the Axis forces in North Africa.
cash and carry → the political party founded in Germany in 1919 and brought to power by Hitler in 1933