5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cash and carry
- Bernard Law Montgomery
- Battle of Berlin
- USSR/Nazi Pact
- Douglas MacArthur
- a United States general who served as chief of staff and commanded Allied forces in the South Pacific during World War II. "I shall Return"
- b Final Battle of WWII european chapter. hitler commited suicide before the end of the battle.
- c policy adopted by the United States in 1939 to preserve neutrality while aiding the Allies. Britain and France could buy goods from the United States if they paid in full and transported them.
- d British general who won at El Alamein.
- e Hitler and Stalin agreed that Germany and Russia would not attack each other. They also agreed to trade goods and that Germany would invade Poland and spilt it with Russia
5 Multiple choice questions
- Political party formed in the 1920's in italy, believed in military controlled government
- United States military base on Hawaii that was bombed by Japan, bringing the United States into World War II.
- Japanese admiral who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941 (1884-1943)
- Communist dictator of the Soviet Union
- "Lighting war", typed of fast-moving warfare used by German forces against Poland n 1939
5 True/False questions
What event started World War II? → Hitler invaded Poland on Sept 1, 1939
Charles De Gaulle → This battle signaled the final phase of the war in Europe.
Re-Armament → This is the first step Hitler took towards gaining power. This was in direct violation of the Treaty of Versailles
D-Day → This battle was considered the turning point and first offensive move for the allies in Europe
Battle of Britain → an aerial battle fought in World War II in 1940 between the German Luftwaffe (air force), and the British Royal Air Force