5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What event started World War II?
- Chester Nimitz
- Munich Conference
- George Marshall
- Douglas MacArthur
- a Army Chief of Staff during WWII; Sec. of State under Truman; Only professional soldier to receive the Nobel Peace Prize
- b This is where Neville Chamberlain appeased Hitler and gave him Czechoslovakia
- c United States general who served as chief of staff and commanded Allied forces in the South Pacific during World War II. "I shall Return"
- d Hitler invaded Poland on Sept 1, 1939
- e United States admiral of the Pacific fleet during World War II who used aircraft carriers to destroy the Japanese navy. He also signed for the US when the Japanese surrendered aboard the USS Missouri
5 Multiple choice questions
- French general and statesman who became very popular during World War II as the leader of the Free French forces in exile (1890-1970)
- Communist dictator of the Soviet Union
- Japanese admiral who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941 (1884-1943)
- the President of the United States during the Depression and WWII.
- The Desert Fox. Commander of the Axis forces in North Africa.
5 True/False questions
Battle of Britain → an aerial battle fought in World War II in 1940 between the German Luftwaffe (air force), and the British Royal Air Force
George K. Zhukov → Army Chief of Staff during WWII; Sec. of State under Truman; Only professional soldier to receive the Nobel Peace Prize
Radar → Technology RAF used to defeat German Luftwaffe
Re-Armament → To give in to demands in order to avoid conflict
Facist Party → the political party founded in Germany in 1919 and brought to power by Hitler in 1933