5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- spring scale
- How is friction helpful?
- Why are things with large handles easier to use?
- name the six types of simple machines and their uses
- a inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
- b a tool used to measure force or weight
- c It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
- d They are easier to hold.
- e a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
5 Multiple choice questions
- a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp
- load, lever, force, fulcrum
- is a pulley that moves with the load
- simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
- A simple machine that is a wheel that turns on a rod(axle)
5 True/False questions
work → A push or pull
lever → a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
Why would someone go up a curved path rather than a straight steep path? → They are easier to hold.
What two things do you need to do work? → It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
pulley → A push or pull