5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How is friction problematic?
- parts of a lever
- Why are things with large handles easier to use?
- Why would someone go up a curved path rather than a straight steep path?
- a They are easier to hold.
- b load, lever, force, fulcrum
- c It would take more effort and energy to go up a steep path than to walk side to side on a curved path.
- d Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
- e a simple machine, a bar resting on a point
5 Multiple choice questions
- inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
- a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
- A simple machine that is a wheel that turns on a rod(axle)
- anything that makes work easier
- It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
5 True/False questions
pulley → a simple machine that is a wheel with a rope moving around it
spring scale → a tool used to measure force or weight
load → is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
friction → a force caused when one object rubs against another
Force → is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object