5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why are things with large handles easier to use?
- What two things do you need to do work?
- How is friction helpful?
- a the turning point of the lever
- b It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
- c is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
- d They are easier to hold.
- e force and motion
5 Multiple choice questions
- It would take more effort and energy to go up a steep path than to walk side to side on a curved path.
- A simple machine that is a wheel that turns on a rod(axle)
- load, lever, force, fulcrum
- A push or pull
- simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
5 True/False questions
name the six types of simple machines and their uses → inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
How is friction problematic? → Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
friction → a force caused when one object rubs against another
machine → anything that makes work easier
movable pulley → is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves