5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How is friction problematic?
- What two things do you need to do work?
- a a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
- b a simple machine that is a wheel with a rope moving around it
- c force and motion
- d Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
- e a force caused when one object rubs against another
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp
- They are easier to hold.
- the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)
- It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
- inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
5 True/False Questions
work → is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
spring scale → a tool used to measure force or weight
fixed pulley → a simple machine that is a wheel with a rope moving around it
fulcrum → the turning point of the lever
Why would someone go up a curved path rather than a straight steep path? → It would take more effort and energy to go up a steep path than to walk side to side on a curved path.