5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- spring scale
- How is friction helpful?
- a It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
- b anything that makes work easier
- c a simple machine that is a wheel with a rope moving around it
- d simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
- e a tool used to measure force or weight
5 Multiple choice questions
- inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
- is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
- load, lever, force, fulcrum
- force and motion
- the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)
5 True/False questions
fixed pulley → a simple machine that is a wheel with a rope moving around it
inclined plane → a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp
friction → A push or pull
Why would someone go up a curved path rather than a straight steep path? → They are easier to hold.
screw → A push or pull