5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why would someone go up a curved path rather than a straight steep path?
- name the six types of simple machines and their uses
- How is friction problematic?
- a inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
- b a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
- c a force caused when one object rubs against another
- d Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
- e It would take more effort and energy to go up a steep path than to walk side to side on a curved path.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the turning point of the lever
- is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
- anything that makes work easier
- load, lever, force, fulcrum
- simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
5 True/False Questions
fixed pulley → is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves
spring scale → a tool used to measure force or weight
wheel and axle → A simple machine that is a wheel that turns on a rod(axle)
load → is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
pulley → the turning point of the lever