5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How is friction problematic?
- What two things do you need to do work?
- movable pulley
- inclined plane
- a Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
- b force and motion
- c a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp
- d is a pulley that moves with the load
- e a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a force caused when one object rubs against another
- a simple machine, a bar resting on a point
- load, lever, force, fulcrum
- the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)
- inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
5 True/False Questions
wedge → A push or pull
Why would someone go up a curved path rather than a straight steep path? → It would take more effort and energy to go up a steep path than to walk side to side on a curved path.
wheel and axle → simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
work → the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)
Force → is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object