5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How is friction helpful?
- movable pulley
- a It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
- b is a pulley that moves with the load
- c a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
- d simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
- e a force caused when one object rubs against another
5 Multiple choice questions
- a simple machine, a bar resting on a point
- a simple machine that is a wheel with a rope moving around it
- They are easier to hold.
- anything that makes work easier
- the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)
5 True/False questions
Force → is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
wheel and axle → simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
Why would someone go up a curved path rather than a straight steep path? → It would take more effort and energy to go up a steep path than to walk side to side on a curved path.
spring scale → a tool used to measure force or weight
fixed pulley → a simple machine that is a wheel with a rope moving around it