5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why would someone go up a curved path rather than a straight steep path?
- fixed pulley
- Why are things with large handles easier to use?
- wheel and axle
- a is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves
- b It would take more effort and energy to go up a steep path than to walk side to side on a curved path.
- c They are easier to hold.
- d a simple machine, a bar resting on a point
- e A simple machine that is a wheel that turns on a rod(axle)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- anything that makes work easier
- the turning point of the lever
- inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
- a force caused when one object rubs against another
- load, lever, force, fulcrum
5 True/False Questions
spring scale → a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp
load → is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
How is friction helpful? → It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
screw → a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
What two things do you need to do work? → It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.