← PR 5 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Thought of logos, ethos, and pathos
- b Receiver's reaction as interpreted by the source; no communication without this.
- c 2nd on Maslow's Hierarchy; personal security and comfort
- d People act in self interest
- e Medium used to transmit a message to a receiver; key to choose best channel; needs to be relevant to the intended receiver.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Mass media tell people not what to think but what to think about; media set public agenda. Recognized current theory. Organizations can use PR to influence the media.
- Most powerful tool for persuasion
- Mass sentiment-Issue-Public-Debate-Public Opinion-Social Action-Social Values
- Appeal to character
- Content of the communication; need knowledge of purpose and intended receiver.
5 True/False Questions
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs → Explains how people determine their self interests. Some needs are more important and are fulfilled first.
Attitude → When a belief affects behavior; behavioral inclination.
Source → Static, envelops communication and often inhibits it; physical and intangible forms.
Belief → Basic building block; one's commitment to an idea based in personal experience.
PR → Where communication originates; 1st part of coorientation; credibility important and can be influences by reputation, context, and communication ability.