6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Recently, have Americans believed that it is more important to defend traditional standards of right and wrong, or to protect the rights of individuals?
- 1) Liberty
4) Civic duty
5) Individual Responsibility
- Studies show that Americans have a much stronger sense of these than other nations.
- In recent surveys, were Americans more likely to worry that the government would become too tolerant of behaviors that are bad for society, or too intolerant of behaviors that don't do any real harm to society?
- Because of this, many of the colonists believed that nobody could be trusted with power.
5 True/False questions
It has increased → What has happened to American political tolerance over the course of the 20th century?
Class Consciousness → A belief that one can affect government policies.
Civic Competence → A belief that one has an obligation to participate in civic and political affairs.
Political Culture → A coherent way of thinking about how politics and government ought to be carried out.
Progressive → A belief that personal freedom and solving social problems are more important than religion.