6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A belief that one has an obligation to participate in civic and political affairs.
- The ability to understand and take part in politics.
- A belief that you can take part in politics (internal _____) or that the government will respond to the citizenry (external _______). Somewhat disturbingly, this has recently declined in American political culture.
- What has happened to American political tolerance over the course of the 20th century?
- A coherent way of thinking about how politics and government ought to be carried out.
5 True/False Questions
External → A belief that morality and religion ought to be of decisive importance.
Too tolerant → Since the mid-1960s, there has been a fairly sharp drop in one of the two senses of political efficacy. Which one is it?
Five important elements of the American view of the political system → Studies show that Americans have a much stronger sense of these than other nations.
Class Consciousness → A belief that you are a member of an economic group whose interests are opposed to people in other such groups.
Orthodox → Since the mid-1960s, there has been a fairly sharp drop in one of the two senses of political efficacy. Which one is it?