5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Jo Ann Robinson
- Thurgood Marshall
- Arkansas National Guard
- Brown V. Board of Education
- a The leading attorney for NAACP in 1940s and 1950s, who headed the team in Brown vs. Board of Education case; later; he was also the first black justice on the United States Supreme Court.
- b 1995, in Montgomery Alabama, this group was formed to help coordinate the Montgomery Bus Boycott. It was led by MLK Jr.
- c In May of 1954 in Topeka, Kansas, Linda wanted to go to a school closer to her home and challenged the ruling of segregation in schools. The court case found that segregation in schools to be unconstitutional; it reversed Plessy V. Ferguson and gave equal access to blacks and whites in schools.
- d sent by governor Faubus to keep little rock nine OUT of Central High
- e Civil rights advocate in Montgomery; WPC president; organized a city wide boycott of buses
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Hosea Williams, John Lewis, and marchers
- Leader of Selma to Montgomery march with John Lewis.
- John Lewis
- One of the Little Rock Nine, who is known for a picture of her walking in the face of a mob.
- One of the original four who took part in the Woolworth sit-ins
5 True/False Questions
Clarence "Curly" Harris → The white manager of Woolworth's
101st Airborne → military division sent to Little Rock to prevent violence.
Lynching → Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee, college kids participating in Civil Rights, stage sit-ins and such
SCLC → Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee, college kids participating in Civil Rights, stage sit-ins and such
Greensboro Four → Four African American students who held a "sit in" at an all white lunch counter in Woolworth's; in Greensboro, North Carolina.