5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine
- Civil law
- Derogation of the common law
- Writ of habeas corpus
- a Law that deals with harm to an individual.
- b Used to describe legislation that changes the common law.
- c A request that the court release the defendant because of the illegality of the incarceration.
- d Evidence that is derived from an illegal search or interrogation is inadmissible.
- e A court's prior permission for the police to search and seize.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A professional entity in which the owners share in the organization's profits but are not liable for the malpractice of their partners.
- The process of finding the law.
- An agreement supported by consideration.
- Simultaneously representing adverse clients.
- Law that deals with harm to a person or a person's property.
5 True/False questions
Clearly erroneous → Standard used by appellate courts when reviewing a trail court's findings of fact.
Power of judicial review → A method for excusing a prospective juror; no reason need be given.
9th Circuit → Which circuit are we in within the appeals court?
Execute → to perform
Laws → Money or something else of value that is held by the government to ensure the defendant's appearance in court.