Measures & Measurement
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- mistakes in recording
- observational methods
- self-report measures
- transient states of the participant
- a measures in which individuals are asked to respond to questions posed by an interviewer or on a questionnaire.
two kinds: free format, fixed format
- b the assignment of numbers to objects or events according to specific rules
- c research that involves observing behavior and recording those observations objectively
- d causes of measurement error
experimenters can make mistakes
- e cause of measurement error
e.g. different moods, sleep deprived, etc.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- what people do
- a means of indirect observation. any internal (biological) process that can be measured directly.
- how a psychological concept is measured or manipulated. need to be SPECIFIC
- the researcher engages in the same activities as the people her or she is observing.
problems: identification with participants may compromise objectivity, ethics
5 True/False Questions
guttman scale →
measurement error → the assignment of numbers to objects or events according to specific rules
semantic differential scale →
self-promotion → the assignment of numbers to objects or events according to specific rules
stable attributes of the participant → causes of measurement error
misunderstanding due to stupidity, lack of care, suspicion etc