5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a In art, the line that defines the outermost limits of an object or a drawn or painted shape, It is sometimes considered to be synonymous with "outline"; as such, it indicates an edge that also may be defined by the extremities of darks, lights, textures or colors.
- b the dominant structure or organization of a composition in which all the elements conform to.
- c State of order, visual unity, agreement or asthetically pleasing relationships among the elements of a whole
- d eye travel directed by visual pathways in a work of art
- e the subdominant structures or organization of a composition that help to create subtlety and variety.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A method for producing areas of value by clustering small dots or points
- a three-dimensional form of collage with bulky 3D objects added to the painted surface
- A formless and indistinct shape without obvious edges, like, for example, a cloud.
- An arrangement of elements and systems on a 2d surface; intentional organization plane. A complete world within the frame
- where the artist fools you into thinking that all or part of a painting is the real thing, from the French for "decieves the eye". Objects are often in sharp focus and depicted in meticulous detail
5 True/False questions
figure → The recognizable object we are depicting; the human figure, vase, or flower for example. Traditionally, it is described as a postive shape, the ground as a negative shape.
expression → 1. The manifestation through artistic form of a thought, emotion, or a quality of meaning. 2. In art, expression is synonymous with the term content.
design → The path of a moving point that is made by a tool, instrument, or medium as it moves across an area. A line is usually made visible because it contrasts in value with its surroundings
time/motion → a departure from the accepted perception of a from or object, often manipulating conventional proportions
negative space → The unoccupied area of a composition. Often areas of negative space or shapes are just as active or more active than the positive space in works of design and art.