5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a imitate; rival; try to equal or excel (through imitation)
- b seemingly plausible but fallacious reasoning; sophism
- c calm; peaceful; Ex. halcyon days
- d sullen; gloomy; stubborn
- e movable; not fixed; N. mobility
5 Multiple choice questions
- diminish; weaken; undermine the foundations of (a fortification); Ex. The element kryptonite sapped his strength.
- wintry; wintery; of or like winter
- ill-humored; sullen; sullenly melancholy
- insurmountable; unbeatable; Ex. insuperable difficulties
- dirty mark with unclear edges made by rubbing; V.
5 True/False questions
virtuoso → play or frolic boisterously; gambol; N.
miscellany → serving as an aid or accessory; auxiliary; N.
adulation → swimming
mentor → command; order; forbid
qualify → reach a necessary standard; limit the meaning of something stated