5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John L. Lewis
- a The national religious movement for the return of Jewish people to their homeland, believe strongly in their homeland, and often seen as racist
- b Long-time labor leader who organized and led the first important unskilled workers labor union, called in to represent union during sit-down strike.
- c Taking items that are in short supply and distributing them according to a system. For instance, during World War II, gas, sugar, and butter were a few of the items rationed in the United States.
- d belief of the abolition of all government and the organization of society on a voluntary, cooperative basis without recourse to force or compulsion.
- e high taxes placed on imported manufactured goods
5 Multiple choice questions
- Warren Harding awarded cabinet and governmental positions to political supporters. The practice proved to have dire consequences. Long-time political cronies abused their offices for personal gain. Harding's passive style of leadership almost certainly contributed to their wrongdoing.
- a seperation
- A governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism
- A communication system based on broadcasting electromagnetic waves.
- selfgoverning country owned by another country
5 True/False questions
Harlem Renaissance → FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Yalta. Russia agreed to declare war on Japan after the surrender of Germany and in return FDR and Churchill promised the USSR concession in Manchuria and the territories that it had lost in the Russo-Japanese War.
Guerilla → person who is best in the group
collectivism → the political principle of centralized social and economic control, especially of all means of production
Grover Cleveland → an irregular armed forced that fights larger things such as armies
chauvinism → An unreasoning devotion to one's nation with contempt for other nations