5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- National Origins Act (1924)
- John L. Lewis
- a A law that severely restricted immigration by establishing a system of national quotas that blatantly discriminated against immigrants from southern and eastern Europe and virtually excluded Asians. The policy stayed in effect until the 1960s.
- b a chair of islands
- c A methodical plan orchestrated by Hitler to ensure German supremacy. It called for the elimination of Jews, non-conformists, homosexuals, non-Aryans, and mentally and physically disabled. This was led by the Nazi party, and opposed by the allied forces.
- d Long-time labor leader who organized and led the first important unskilled workers labor union, called in to represent union during sit-down strike.
- e it is when their is something like a tie
5 Multiple choice questions
- In 1911, this work was published to describe that the application of the scientific method to the management of workers could improve productivity.
- people cuerently in position
- Young women of the 1920s that behaved and dressed in a radical fashion., Young women of the 1920s that behaved and dressed in a radical fashion
- Founder of United Negro Improvement Association; promotes resettlement of American blacks to own "African homeland", sponsored stores & businesses to keep $ in blacks' pockets ;; inspiration for Nation of Islam
- The national religious movement for the return of Jewish people to their homeland, believe strongly in their homeland, and often seen as racist
5 True/False questions
Nationalists → rebels that sought to free their nation from anothers rule
Radio → A communication system based on broadcasting electromagnetic waves.
Spheres of influence → United States aviator who in 1927 made the first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean (1902-1974).
Ratification → to validate or establish
Empire → person who is best in the group