5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ku Klux Klan
- Emilio Aguinaldo
- Zoot Suit Riots
- Birth of a Nation
- Rev. Josiah Strong
- a Founded in the 1860s in the south; meant to control newly freed slaves through threats and violence; other targets: Catholics, Jews, immigrants and others thought to be un-American
- b Well known protestant
- c White hate riots in L.A. during WWII against mexican youth because they though they were not conserving for war
- d the leader of the nationalist
- e Controversial but highly influential and innovative silent film directed by D.W. Griffith. It demonstrated the power of film propaganda and revived the KKK.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Plunge in stock market prices that marked the beginning of the Great Depression
- Long-time labor leader who organized and led the first important unskilled workers labor union, called in to represent union during sit-down strike.
- The definition of humanism is any system or mode of thought or action in which human interests, values, and dignity predominate.
- 25# President annexed hawaii; elected in1896; initially opposed imperalism and republican
- trail over black and white equality
5 True/False questions
Lend-Lease Act (1941) → this is put on borrowed money; this increases the amount asked for
Teapot Dome scandal → exports are greater than imports
Colonies → No private ownership of anything; All people work together; Common good; Everyone gets the same; Disappearance of classes and states and divisions between people
Potsdam Conference → FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Yalta. Russia agreed to declare war on Japan after the surrender of Germany and in return FDR and Churchill promised the USSR concession in Manchuria and the territories that it had lost in the Russo-Japanese War.
D-Day → Planned June 5th-June 6th, 1944 Germans occupied Normandy France Germans though it would occur at Calais and goal was to liberate Paris