5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- the atlanto-occipital joint
- a Which of these is a first-class lever?
- b Raising an arm to one side of the body to stop a taxi is an example of ______________ of the shoulder.
- c A baseball player winding up for the pitch ______________ the shoulder.
- d The epiphysis and diaphysis of a long bone in a child are bound by a
- e The proximal and middle phalanges form ________________ joints
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The coxal joint is a ball-and-socket joint where the head of the humerus articulates with the glenoid cavity of the scapula.
- Circumduction is limited to ball-and-socket
- Bursae are structures associated with fibrous, cartilaginous, and synovial joints.
- Bony joints are the most common type of joints
- The ________________ deepens the socket of the hip joint and helps stabilize the joint.
5 True/False Questions
False → Symphyses are the most common type of fibrous joints
the medial meniscus → This image shows an anterior view of the right tibiofemoral joint. What does "3" represent?
True → The wrist can be hyperextended but the elbow cannot.
True → A meniscus is a type of bursa seen in the space between the femur and tibia
elastic → These are the major categories of joints, except