5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the fibular (lateral) collateral ligament
- distal radioulnar joint
- the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
- a When you hold out your hands with the palms up, ______________ of your wrists will tip your palms toward you.
- b What structure in the knee prevents hyperextension?
This image shows an anterior view of the right tibiofemoral joint. What does "5" represent?
- d Unlike other joints, a ________________ does not join two bones to each other
- e The ________________ is not found in the elbow.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A meniscus is a type of bursa seen in the space between the femur and tibia
- These are all structures found in the shoulder joint except
- Normal chewing in humans involves ________________ of the mandible
- A baseball player winding up for the pitch ______________ the shoulder.
- These are all anatomical components of a synovial joint, except
5 True/False questions
A. protract → The study of joint structure, function, and dysfunction is called
hinge → Symphyses are the most common type of fibrous joints
plantar flexion → If you stand on tiptoes to reach something high, you are performing ______________ at the ankle.
synchondrosis; synovial → The joint between costal cartilage 1 and the sternum is a ____________, whereas the other costal cartilages are joined to the sternum by ____________ joints.
flexion and extension → A monoaxial joint like the elbow is capable of which one of the following movements?