5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- hyperextension of the wrist.
- the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
- a A meniscus is a type of bursa seen in the space between the femur and tibia
- b Suppose you are looking at the back of your hand and you turn your fingers upward to admire a new ring. A motion employed in this would be
- c The joint between L2 and L3 is a
- d An articulation is any point at which two bones meet
- e What structure in the knee prevents hyperextension?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Radial (lateral) and ulnar (medial) collateral ligaments restrict side-to-side movements of the ______________ joint.
- ______________ tips the soles medially, like facing each other, and _____________ tips the soles laterally, away from each other.
- The elbow has both pivot and hinge joints.
- raise your hand and place it on the shoulder of a person standing in front of you involves _______________ of the shoulder
- If you stand on tiptoes to reach something high, you are performing ______________ at the ankle.
5 True/False questions
gomphosis → Unlike other joints, a ________________ does not join two bones to each other
serrate sutures → Coronal, sagittal, and lambdoid are examples of
the tibia, fibula, and talus. → The talocrural joint is a meeting of
an interosseous membrane. → These are all anatomical components of a synovial joint, except
Synovial joints → ____________________ are the most movable joints.