5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
- C. Their output force is always greater than the input force.
- adduction of the fingers.
- a Suppose you cup your hands to hold some water. This action would most likely involve
- b Which of the following is true of joints that are first-class levers?
- c The coxal joint is a ball-and-socket joint where the head of the humerus articulates with the glenoid cavity of the scapula.
- d What structure in the knee prevents hyperextension?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Range of motion of a joint is normally determined by the following factors except
- Some joints become synostoses by
- raise your hand and place it on the shoulder of a person standing in front of you involves _______________ of the shoulder
- A baseball player winding up for the pitch ______________ the shoulder.
- Bony joints are the most common type of joints
5 True/False questions
False → The shoulder is stabilized mainly by the biceps brachii muscle on the anterior side of the arm.
False → Hinge joints, such as the tibiofemoral joint, are monaxial.
True → Symphyses are the most common type of fibrous joints
abduction → raise your hand and place it on the shoulder of a person standing in front of you involves _______________ of the shoulder
False → Fibrous joints are joints at which two bones are united by hyaline cartilage