5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- an articular cartilage
- a The rotator cuff tendons enclose the shoulder joint on all sides except _______________, which explains in part the nature of most shoulder dislocations.
- b The forearm acts as a third-class lever during flexion of the elbow.
This image shows the structure of a simple synovial joint. What does "2" represent?
- d The coxal joint is a ball-and-socket joint where the head of the humerus articulates with the glenoid cavity of the scapula.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The study of joint structure, function, and dysfunction is called
- Bony joints are the most common type of joints
- _______________________ are the least movable joints.
- Range of motion of a joint is normally determined by the following factors except
- raise your hand and place it on the shoulder of a person standing in front of you involves _______________ of the shoulder
5 True/False Questions
False → The wrist can be hyperextended but the elbow cannot.
False → Fibrous joints are joints at which two bones are united by hyaline cartilage
True → A(n) _________________ is a sac of fluid associated with a synovial joint
flexion and extension → A monoaxial joint like the elbow is capable of which one of the following movements?
synchondrosis. → The epiphysis and diaphysis of a long bone in a child are bound by a