5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Nicholas Biddle
- William Henry Harrison
- Martin Van Buren
- Pet Banks
- a Jackson hated this man, who was the President of the National Bank, because he thought that he was supporting his opponents
- b In the Election of 1832, Henry Clay runs for this party
- c The way Jackson destroyed the bank: withdrew money from the National Bank and deposited much of it in state banks owned by his friends
- d He runs for the Democrats in the Election of 1836
- e Who is the war hero nominated by the Whig party for the Election of 1840?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Running against Van Buren in the Election of 1836 are several members of which party?
- How many months into the Presidency did Harrison get to before dying?
- Who wins Presidency in the Election of 1832; Republicans vs Democrats vs Anti-Masonic Party vs Whig Party
- Who ran for the Democrats in the Election of 1840?
- He is selected VP for Jackson
5 True/False Questions
increase → By 1834, does land speculation increase or decrease?
Liberty Party → A new political party against Jackson (key figures: Calhoun, Clay, Biddle)
bank → This is the #1 issue during the election
Democrat → In the Election of 1832, Andrew Jackson runs again for this party
specie circular → He passes a bill for the rechartering of the third National bank, but Jackson vetoes it