← Chapter 8-1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sensory Neurons
- Synaptic knob
- Schwann cell
- a carry impulses from the peripheral parts of the body to the CNS
- b Long, Thin process of a neuron;process that carry impulses away from the Soma
- c end of a presynaptic neurons
- d Holds nerve together, form fatty sheath for axon in the brain and spinal cord.
- e is responsible for the myelinated sheath.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Consist of the brain and spinal cord; processes and coordinates nerve impulses
- a chemical release into the synaptic clef to transfer a nerve impulse across the synaptic cleft.
- processes that cary impulses toward the soma
- Releases into sensory tracts of the spinal cord; inhibit pain impulses. (associated with long distant running)
- cells that conduct nerve impulses
5 True/False Questions
Astrocytes → cells that conduct nerve impulses
Microglia → specialized connective tissue cells;supports neurons; Astrocytes, Microglia, Oligodendroglia
Endoneurium → Membrane surrounding entire nerve
Perineurium → Membrane surrounding each fascicle (bundle of axons)
Epineurium → Membrane surrounding each fascicle (bundle of axons)