5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- why is evolution dependent on mutations?
- what mutation causes sickle celled anemia?
- What is the first step in the Lamarck theory?
- describe earth's early atmosphere
- when was darwin's book published?
- a 1859
- b DNA would stay the same without mutations
- c water vapor, carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, hydrogen cyanide
- d need- develop new structures to make more successful
- e Substitution
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Organism decays leaving space that is filled with minerals
- The experiment was the one concerning about the flask and creating the amino acids.
- individuals have variations
- 21,480 years (5,730 x 4)
- What we find now → fully developed without intermediate steps
5 True/False Questions
Petrified → Footprints, burrows
what is the third step of darwin's theory? → organisms produce more offspring than can survive
what is the first step of darwin's theory? → organisms produce more offspring than can survive
Describe Pasteur's experiment → took jar and out meat = maggots appear
took jar put meat and covered with lid = no maggots
took jar put meat and gauze on top = no maggots
Therefore, maggots came from the flies.
describe the endosymbiotic theory → Prokaryotes absorbing other prokaryotes to create a eukaryote