5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was copernicus famous for
- What is the definition of uniformitarianism?
- What is the revelatory-day theory?
- What is the significance of the discovery of the piltdown man?
- How does a bat emit sound to find food?
- a The belief that earth's past geological changes can be fully explained by processes taking place now
- b The revelatory-day theory suggests it took God seven days to reveal how he created the world to Moses
- c This polish scientist first promoted the theory that the planets revolve around the sun
- d This mammal emits sounds up to 20 to 30 times per second to locate flying instects
- e Piltdown man was a stained human skull and a filed ape jaw, used to support evolution, but was shown to be a hoax
5 Multiple choice questions
- Chromosomes are long thin stings composed of DNA and proteins which carry genes
- Archaeology is the scientific study of the remains of the past
- Lazarus was Jesus friend whom Jesus raised from the dead in John 11:1-44
- This method of dating objects assumes that you know the specifics about the original material
- This theory suggests that as atmospheric carbon dioxide increases, earths temperature increases
5 True/False questions
What is the importance of the lungs? → These two organs pass oxygen into every red blood cell carried through their capillaries
What is the significance of the Galapagos islands? → These two organs pass oxygen into every red blood cell carried through their capillaries
What is the function of the heart? → Mimicry is a possible defense mechanism where an animal is desighned to look like something else
What is radiometric dating → This method uses the decay rate of radioactive material to date objects
What is unique about the army ant? → This is one kind of insect that makes the queens nest using its own workers